My oval on 19's

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
User avatar
airwerks
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:01 am

My oval on 19's

Post by airwerks »

Whatcha guys think???

Image

I'm gonna have to get wider fenders(all around) and there isn't an engine in the back to make it level, but you get the idea.
Last edited by airwerks on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BOYGENIUS
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:37 pm

Post by BOYGENIUS »

I like it. How wide are the rims???
volkdent
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:01 am

Post by volkdent »

Very, Very nice. Did you have to tub out the front and rear? What kind of turning radius are you looking for? Keep it up!!!

Jason
MondoMan
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:01 am

Post by MondoMan »

DAMN :shock:
User avatar
airwerks
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:01 am

Post by airwerks »

Thanks!

The wheels are 7.5's with 215/35 proxes t1s tires.

The rears almost fit.... a little rubbage on the outer fenders. There is only about an 1/8" between the springplate and the tire :shock:

I had already tubbed the fronts a little at the rear of the inner fender (It had 17x7's before) but are going to need to be whacked quite a bit to get as much turning radius as I want. In that pic the the front tire is rubbing on the underside of the fender :cry:
trevor_brady
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2000 12:01 am

Re: My oval on 19's

Post by trevor_brady »

airwerks wrote:Whatcha guys think???

Image

I'm gonna have to get wider fenders(all around) and there isn't an engine in the back to make it level, but you get the idea.
would be a real shame to get wider fender on that bug. it just looks "right" with the wheels up under the fenders. Is there any other way of keeping the wheels under stock fenders?
User avatar
Mikes72sb
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Mikes72sb »

It looks like one of those cartoon cars...

which is good :wink:
junkyardoval
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:01 am

Post by junkyardoval »

Looking very good.

Ernie
slim_mckenzie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:24 am

looking great!

Post by slim_mckenzie »

What´s the name of those rims ?..they look fantastic !..i want them on my Notchback..: )..
User avatar
airwerks
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:01 am

Post by airwerks »

The rims are ICW fuel

I hear you about the fenders........ Ive been thinkin about it alot. I am going to stay stock fenders. Looks like Ive got to tub the sh*t out of the front end!!!!

If the tires come in they will come off of the underside of the fender where they are rubbing now.
User avatar
theo_m24
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:46 pm

Post by theo_m24 »

airwerks wrote:I hear you about the fenders........ Ive been thinkin about it alot. I am going to stay stock fenders.
More work but it sure does look nicer IMO..............
Maxi
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Maxi »

Your ride looks awsome! I live on the other side of the world and these modifications are not common. Can you describe your mods? Such as the narrowed beam, your choicie of brakes. I think those wheels are 5x100. What about the rear? Any mods? It looks IRS´ed.
Thanks a lot for the cool pics!
Maxi
User avatar
airwerks
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:01 am

Post by airwerks »

The beam is 3"-worked for the 17's, 19's cant turn. I think I'm gonna weld up a 7" and see where it gets me.

Front brakes (for now) are csp 5x100 ghia rotors. I'm gonna have the brake rotor portion lathed off and use a slip on rotor (either 13 or 14") Not decided on calipers yet, but definetly at least 2pot.

Rear brakes are rotors off of the front of a dodge stratus (11"), hubs are t3 drum hubs lathed to fit and bolt pattern drilled, calipers are off of the frong of a dodge spirit r/t

It is IRS'd, but I gotta get everything bolted together before I decide how much (or if) i'm gonna narrow it. The IRS arms are flipped side to side-Negative camber is attained about an inch from the height in the picture(lower)
Maxi
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Maxi »

Thanks for the info!!! Can you estimated how lowered the bug is? Please keep us updated with your ride progress!
User avatar
airwerks
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:01 am

Post by airwerks »

I didn't count how much it is lowered...... balljoints are bottomed, cb 2.5" drop spindles and the pan head is moved up 1.5" When I do the new beam I'm gonna cut the pan head off and move it up 3" so it can have some suspension travel.

I did all the previous work when it was on 17's and everything fit just right. Having to cut the pan head off again is kinda frustrating :?
Post Reply