Type 1 DTM

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

My shroud probably would work... BUT I have never used it with a CB EFI system. If it did not fit it, its easy to modify because the shroud is fiberglass.

The Type I DTM will NOT be available in Carbon Fiber. This is because we will have to make these in higher production runs to be able to make anything off of them.
User avatar
Brian Murray
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:51 pm

Post by Brian Murray »

Jake, I'll be sending my money soon, gotta pay some people off ;-)
Guest

Post by Guest »

Hey Jake

Can the shroud be modified to run comp eliminators????

Also, have you used it with a single carb set up? I'm interested in your kit on a turbo application.
User avatar
BOYGENIUS
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:37 pm

Post by BOYGENIUS »

Would the type 1 DTM work well enough with a smaller pully. I was thinking about going with dry sump system and they require a smaller crankshaft pully to clear the pump. Thoughts???
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I have already done the test work with the smaller pulleys, and 7 different drive ratios. Some of the tests will be ran again on the new test engine that hads even more CR. If you run a smaller lower pulley you can also run a smaller upper pulley and keep the speeds close to the stock ratio...

as for Comp eliminators, yep they'll work.. What we have found is that the system works BETTER on engines with less fins, as the presseure differentials in the upper plenums is higher and really lets the airfoils do the job.

When Joe made rthe molds he made them with the upper cylinder tins from a stock engine.... The only limiting factor is that you cannot easily run anything over .200 shims on each side without needing quite a bit of trimming to the shroud.
rhrnldi

DTM Shroud - Engine Fit and Fan Options

Post by rhrnldi »

Jake,

Engine is a Scat c/w Autocraft Heads.

Will the T1 DTM shroud fit or require alot of work?

Another Q is when is the Porsche fan DTM on deck? Reason for this is space standard T1 shroud and alternator is not the best fit in the engine bay.

I know the books are full but a real good porsche fan kit is what we are all looking for....
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Everyday I hate the Porsche stuff more and more. I may never do anything with the molds that I have, its hard to say.

Porsche fans belong on Porsche engines.

Looks kill.
User avatar
DRD
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:01 am

Post by DRD »

My type 1 DTM is on it's way. It will be going on my high strung, 69X88 thick walled type 1, with 12.00 compression and ida's,web 121, with highly modified vw 40X35.5 heads...I sure the DTM will keep it cool!!!!

Bump it up , and hear it thump.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yep, DRD got the original test shroud... He is gonna do the body work to make it look new again..

It left today, on its way!

I'll send some updated parts as we make progress.
User avatar
DRD
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:01 am

Post by DRD »

[quote="MASSIVE TYPE IV"]Yep, DRD got the original test shroud... He is gonna do the body work to make it look new again..


I got my type 1 DTM today, All I can say, I have the first one made by Jake, and the quality is just AWESOME, what a work of art.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Darren's even needs a bit of body work, as it was the first test shroud....

BTW, I have some new airfoils that we are testing as soon as we get the test engine together and I'll send some to you, they will take the place of the old ones and rivet right in.

Glad you like it!
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

Ya know, as far as looks go I used to really like the 911 shroud, but the DTM has grown on me. THe 911 is clean and has graceful curves, but it covers alot of the engine. On the one hand it makes a clean look, but on the other hand it hides alot. If the engine is well detailed and kept clean the DTM and the T1 shroud show more. Something about the DTM with a guseted aluminum backing plate and that big hose coming out the top just looks like it means business. :)

Ron
User avatar
DRD
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:01 am

Post by DRD »

[quote="Plastermaster"]Ya know, as far as looks go I used to really like the 911 shroud, but the DTM has grown on me. THe 911 is clean and has graceful curves, but it covers alot of the engine. On the one hand it makes a clean look, but on the other hand it hides alot. If the engine is well detailed and kept clean the DTM and the T1 shroud show more. Something about the DTM with a guseted aluminum backing plate and that big hose coming out the top just looks like it means business. :)

Yep, the DTM has a very high tech look to it, I really like that all cylinder covers are built into it, and the quality is great too.

I will be puting Jakes DTM #1 prodution shroud on my high strung, 69X88 thick walled, 200hp@8k,dual ida, 12.1 compression, street engine, and it will be put it to the test for the cooling. I have no dought that it will keep my engine temps in check!


Hats off to Jake :D
Last edited by DRD on Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mr. Electric Wizard
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Mr. Electric Wizard »

any idea when the Type 1 DTM will be available for the rest of us???
I want one bad...
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

We are working on new airfoils now and plenum volumes..

I would say 2 more months, but the first 50 will be sold with a disclaimer because we don't know exactly which cylinder heads will work best until we get some feedback.

Cylinder head selection changes the overall pressures inside the upper plenums of the shroud and make the system what it is!
Locked