Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
68veedub
Posts: 185 Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:01 am
Post
by 68veedub » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:53 am
I have a 1915,8-1 comp.,40x35 valves, engle 120 cam, lightened fly. I just bought a new muffler. It has stock size headers with a free flow muffler. It is made by empi. It is pretty much a stock muffler only with headers. will this be large enough for my setup ?
mharney
Posts: 3365 Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am
Post
by mharney » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:08 am
Unless your heads are ported much, yes. If they are, then I would recommend a 1.5" header. Stocks are 1.375"
CHAZAVW
Posts: 2163 Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:01 am
Post
by CHAZAVW » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:09 am
i have 1 1/2 inch 4 to 1 header on my 1914 044 heads 044idfs engle 110 with 1.25's
good luck......
lorddoom
Posts: 396 Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 9:45 pm
Post
by lorddoom » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:43 am
I use a 1 5/8 on mine. 110 cam, cb 044's. Engine still has decent pull down low, and pulls rpms well too.
James Buchan
Posts: 1363 Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:01 am
Post
by James Buchan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:32 pm
I use a 1 5/8 as well
044 - 42x37.5 P/P'd
Guest
Post
by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:22 pm
seeing as though the muffler is new I will use it for now. Thanks for the replies. i just hope it doesnt affect the head temps too much.