Type I DTM- It's Perfected!!!!!
-
74 Thing
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:55 pm
Manifold cutouts
I just checked out those pics on your web site-pretty nice. Do the cyl tins already come cut out for the big manifolds as they appear in the pics? Also what should the temps be reading using a vdo cht cyl temp gauge?
Thanks
Thanks
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
david menche
compair to stock
How does the DTM Type One compare to a stock system in cooling? Have you any data on how much cooler and even? Also I think you were doing tests on various stock fan housings. how is that progressing, any publish date yet?
I will be doing a 2180cc in a kit car and seek optimal cooling, and it should be fully instrumented. I have already optimized the engine bay ducting with my 1500cc test engine and lost nearly 50F on the heads, and simular on the fan intake temp. I am thinking remote oil cooler with electric fan, no stock cooler.
I will be doing a 2180cc in a kit car and seek optimal cooling, and it should be fully instrumented. I have already optimized the engine bay ducting with my 1500cc test engine and lost nearly 50F on the heads, and simular on the fan intake temp. I am thinking remote oil cooler with electric fan, no stock cooler.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
The Type I DTM is mainly made to utilize a stock TIV cooler for better oil cooling while attaining more equal running temperatures all across the engine. Compared to a stock system we are seeing 15-30 degrees cooler on the coolest cylinders of the engine better with the TI DTM.... BUT considering the stock system averages 50 degrees more on the left bank than the right, thats pretty good. The TI DTM is averaging 20 degrees between all 4 cylinders and adds the TIV oil cooler as a standard, and routes 20% more air to the cavity than a stock doghouse does.
as for overall head cooling its hard to beat the stock system, but all 5 of the stockers we tested, all tested differently. In the overall engine temps is where the TI DTM shines, as well as keeping oil temps much more in check without huge extra coolers. I have a local guy with a 2275 that runs 9.7:1 and does not run an external cooler!
as for overall head cooling its hard to beat the stock system, but all 5 of the stockers we tested, all tested differently. In the overall engine temps is where the TI DTM shines, as well as keeping oil temps much more in check without huge extra coolers. I have a local guy with a 2275 that runs 9.7:1 and does not run an external cooler!
- blue thunder
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:55 am
Great to here it's working, congrats Jake!
Have you tested a porsche cooling shroud and alternator? If you have, how does it compare to your DTM cooling system?
I'm very curious.....
Keep up the good work,
Grtz. from Holland,
Robin
Have you tested a porsche cooling shroud and alternator? If you have, how does it compare to your DTM cooling system?
I'm very curious.....
Keep up the good work,
Grtz. from Holland,
Robin
11.3@127mph at Brilon, Germany (unprepped track)
Turbo: the best blowjob money can buy
Assumption is the mother of all flip-ups......
Turbo: the best blowjob money can buy
Assumption is the mother of all flip-ups......
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
Yes, 4 different ones.......
The Porsche fans would npot even attain what a stock TI system would!!
The best one was 65 degrees hotter on #4 than the rest of the cylinders.
Those Porsche shrouds are empty inside, and thats the WORST thing in the world.
Proper pressures and optimum routing of cooling air is the key, I found that out, but it took 7 months!
All my test data will come out sometime in Ultra VW.
The Porsche fans would npot even attain what a stock TI system would!!
The best one was 65 degrees hotter on #4 than the rest of the cylinders.
Those Porsche shrouds are empty inside, and thats the WORST thing in the world.
Proper pressures and optimum routing of cooling air is the key, I found that out, but it took 7 months!
All my test data will come out sometime in Ultra VW.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- Brian Murray
- Posts: 1111
- Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:51 pm
- Kafer_Mike
- Posts: 503
- Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:01 am
Jake,
Two questions on the Type-1 DTM:
1) I understand that the Type-1 DTM uses the front breast tin and the rear pulley tin. What other OEM tin does it require?
2) Since the factory flaps and bellow are removed, any issues or concerns related to cold starts and bringing the engine up to temp?
Thanks...
Two questions on the Type-1 DTM:
1) I understand that the Type-1 DTM uses the front breast tin and the rear pulley tin. What other OEM tin does it require?
2) Since the factory flaps and bellow are removed, any issues or concerns related to cold starts and bringing the engine up to temp?
Thanks...
"Build 'em fast...or let 'em sit"
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am