Need help form a TIV enthusiast in SOCAL!!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Need help form a TIV enthusiast in SOCAL!!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I talked to Tiger at A-1 today and he is willing to make us a prototype Type 4 exhaust for testing!!!

What we need is someone to supply a Type 4 engine in a car for him to work with. I am willing to pay Tiger for his time, and let the exhaust system stay with the volunteer for the use of their car for the fitting process. This means a 100% free kick ass system for someone that is willing to make it happen and can do so quickly.

This is the only key to the Type 4 puzzle that is not easy and affordable now and we have been waiting for this opportunity for YEARS! Tiger is the first person in his line of expertise to show any enthusiasm toward the type 4 exhaust and we need to utilize it ASAP!!!

So, who in SOCAL can give up their car for a few days??? Worst case scenario does anyone have a longblock that Tiger could put into his beetle for the fitting process?? I could send him a DTM to fit onto the engine to ensure all would clear fine if we have to go this route....

So, someone help us out!!!!! Volunteers?? anyone??

This may finally make the exhaust situation on the type IV a no problem affair and will drop the cost of a conversion drastically. Tiger may even be willing to make a couple of different versions of the system for different looks and etc... The one I'm most interested in is a system that uses a Fat Boy style muffler like a Type I.

If this works, look for a group buy to be organized immediately after i test the system and get positive results!!!
Last edited by MASSIVE TYPE IV on Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flybayb

Post by flybayb »

<i offered my car>
thx for playing then ... :?
Last edited by flybayb on Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frozen Goat

Post by Frozen Goat »

Tuna and I already covered this part with Tiger. Jake talk to Tuna.

Brian
MASSIVE TYPE IV

But I didn't think Tuna had a car that was ready right now???? I know the kit I sold him isn't assembled yet.
tuna

Post by tuna »

I still haven't gotten all of the parts from you Jake, but that's a personal email for another time. :)

I may have a friend who has a 104x71 longblock that we could use,
and I'd let them use my DTM.

Tuna
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Cool. I have the rest of your stuff Tuna..

The engine does not have to run, just be installed into the beetle body and used for measurements. Okay, so how fast can someone come up with the patient for the project??
tuna

Post by tuna »

Great.... heads and carbs are next....

I'm going to call my friend with the 104x71 this afternoon and see
if I can borrow it. I think it's in the longblock stage, so all we'd
have to do is combine it with mine and then get it down to Tiger.
I'll post when I find out.

Tuna
Cloudbuster

TIV corpse for exhaust

Post by Cloudbuster »

Jake, check Email.
speedy57tub

Post by speedy57tub »

I have two 1.7 914 (one stock and one is "supposely" a 1911-cc) engines available and both run if fitted with carbs and cooling. I can easily get it to Manuel since I am thinking of going to Santa Ana to vist my father-in-law which is were A-1 is located. These engines are not the Massive 2270-cc that I want but they will eventually be the "host" for the parts to mutate it into one. Hey they should work. My cars are a speedster currently with a Type-I and a 912 with a 356 motor so they may not work. Maybe, the speedster if fitted with a Type IV might.

-1957 Speedster replica with 2110-cc Type I
-1965 Porsche 912 with 1750-cc with Solex P 40 II-4 Carbs

"Had Woody gone straight ot the police, none of this would of happened!"
tuna

Post by tuna »

YES!!

I just got off the phone with my buddy and I've got access to
his 104x71 longblock. So, I have a 104x71 longblock and a
DTM.

Tuna
speedy57tub

Post by speedy57tub »

Jake,
You got mail!
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Tuna, Great... can you install it in a car just for mock up purposes?? If so when can you do so??

Tiger says that he has a beetle there that could be used for Mock up if you don't have access to one.

Let me know and I will call him and go to the next step!
tuna

Post by tuna »

No car to install it in though....
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Okay, let me call him and see what he says about using his.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Tuna, call Tiger......

I just got in touch with him again and he told me that September is his slower month and he would like to get started on it ASAP. we discussed a few items about the design and etc and I think that he is on the right track already!

Let me know what he says- BTW, He did say that we can use his 67 Beetle to do the mock up work. He just needs an engine