Difference?(2110)82x90.5 or 76x94

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
PooDoo
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:01 am

Difference?(2110)82x90.5 or 76x94

Post by PooDoo »

Like the topic says, which one do you think is better, what are the differences?

It would be much cheaper to build the 76x94 version but if you all think it would turn out crap I won't do it.

It's going to be for a daily driven 61 ragtop bug, probably going to use a pretty mild cam and heads with some 44idf's.
User avatar
TKisner
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by TKisner »

I think that the 82x90.5 motor would provide you with more torque and low end power due to the large stroke and smaller bore size. Whereas the 94x76 motor would provide more high rpm power due to it's larger bore size and smaller stroke. The 94x76 motor would be easier to build due to the fact that the 76mm stroke would require less clearancing than the 82mm. As for which motor to go with I say the 94x82 motor works best.
Chris V
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Chris V »

The 94x76 is regularly called a '2109' to avoid confusion...the 90.5x82 is the '2110'.

I agree with Tkisner with the differences...the 2110 makes a better driver with better torque, but a 2109 could probably create more hp. The larger cylinder bore makes it possible to run larger valve sizes too.
general_lee_jr
Posts: 1811
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:01 am

Post by general_lee_jr »

Whatever floats your boat man. They will both be reliable. Just take it from me. Dont use junk parts. You get what you pay for. :D Good luck with whatever you decide. 90.5's would probably be for me. Leaves you more meat in the case. Maybe a little less heat too. I like torqe. It does not make you go faster but you feel like you are. Getting the case ready for a stroker crank isnt that hard either. If you want to turn massive rpm's then the other combo would be the way to go but the faster that thing turns the more likely you are to blow it up. Its like a dodge 318 or 360. A lot of folks like the 360 but you can build a sweet 318 that will smoke a 360. Just a matter of opinion. You would be happy with whaterever you had probably. Good luck
PooDoo
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:01 am

Post by PooDoo »

Thanks for the reply's, if I did go with the 76x94 setup, do you think a w130 cam with 1.25's and some O44 heads would work well?

I like a motor that revs real fast and far, so I'm kinda leanin towards the 76 crank, the one I'm thinkin about is the CB forged 76 for $189.95, do you all think this is a decent crank? I would also be using their 5.4 H beam rods, what do you think a realistic redline would be with that setup?
Last edited by PooDoo on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PooDoo
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:01 am

Post by PooDoo »

Damn double post, sorry.
Guest

Post by Guest »

I've heard alot of good things about cb's cranks. If you want to rev I would go with the 4340 crank instead of the 4140. As for cam I think a 125 with 1.25 rocker arms is a good compromise between all out performance and streetability,
Post Reply