When I was younger (around 1993-4) A guy in my neighborhood had a baja with a 1.8L rabbit engine haning' out the back. They were still working out some of the bugs (no pun intended) when I talked to him...
What I was wondering is if someone can direct me toward web sites that detail this conversion?
I tried searching here, and on Google, but didn't find what I was looking for.
Thanks,
Jay
1.8 8v Bajas?
- ecdez
- Posts: 575
- Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:01 am
You might want to check this forum out.
http://frost.bbboy.net/vwengineconversions
They've got a section for discussing the watercooled VW to aircooled VW conversion. I'm doing the same to mine. What do you want to know?
http://frost.bbboy.net/vwengineconversions
They've got a section for discussing the watercooled VW to aircooled VW conversion. I'm doing the same to mine. What do you want to know?
-
danfromsyracuse
haven't done or finished it yet, but my post holiday winter project is to put a 1.6 Turbo Diesel into my baja,
it looks like the rad will fit nicely intot he baja nose section, and I have plenty of ground clearance to run the 1 1/4 water lines under the car along the body-pan bolt channels.
the most difficult part I see is mounting the T2 bus tranny.
but i'm looking forward to 40MPG and HEAT and AC
I just did a 1.6TD conversion into my 1980 air cooled vanagon so I'm guessing it'll be easier to do it into my baja. Pics will come in the spring.
Dan Stevens
VWCCNY
it looks like the rad will fit nicely intot he baja nose section, and I have plenty of ground clearance to run the 1 1/4 water lines under the car along the body-pan bolt channels.
the most difficult part I see is mounting the T2 bus tranny.
but i'm looking forward to 40MPG and HEAT and AC
I just did a 1.6TD conversion into my 1980 air cooled vanagon so I'm guessing it'll be easier to do it into my baja. Pics will come in the spring.
Dan Stevens
VWCCNY