New TIV cooling system ready for testing!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
alsehendo
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2001 12:01 am

Post by alsehendo »

I was going to get a stand from you to do stock Cali for Thing stock 2L but have not got around to sending $s. @ $250 I'll wait and take one of these as soon as you get it out.
User avatar
DudeAndHisBus
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:01 am

Post by DudeAndHisBus »

At that price, I'm kinda thinking of selling my DTM and getting one of these instead. I could use the money right now... And I'm not going all that wild with the engine. Just 2.0L with a cam and higher compression...
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Keep the DTM..

This shroud will not be as easy to install as a DTM, its all do it yourself..
User avatar
dstar
Posts: 3733
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am

Post by dstar »

DudeAndHisBus wrote:At that price, I'm kinda thinking of selling my DTM and getting one of these instead. I could use the money right now... And I'm not going all that wild with the engine. Just 2.0L with a cam and higher compression...
I'll give ya $50!
:P

Don
User avatar
DudeAndHisBus
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:01 am

Post by DudeAndHisBus »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Keep the DTM..

This shroud will not be as easy to install as a DTM, its all do it yourself..
Alright, will do.
wolfgang
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:58 pm

Post by wolfgang »

Add me to the waiting list! Will it offer heat option where you can use T2 heater boxes? (For a breezy Speedster replica).
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

One version will have heater outlets in the shroud.....

The DTM also has this option as well.
Glass_Buggy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 10, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Glass_Buggy »

Jake,

I am a lurker and have been gathering things to do the Type IV conversion. I have been watching this thread and am very excited about this. The cost of the DTM was a major hinderance. This is going to make it possible. Put me in line for one of these. I will definitely buy one when you get them "perfected"!

Thanks,
Mike
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Jake, will you be willing to ship to the UK please, please, please ?

Thanks
User avatar
CheekyMonkey
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by CheekyMonkey »

Cheeky Monkey wrote:Jake, will you be willing to ship to the UK please, please, please ?

Thanks
Sorry - lost my log in details / screwed up generally :oops:

Anyway, in my (tempted out of lurking) non Guest form, same question please Jake :D
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Shipping to the UK is no sweat now...
User avatar
CheekyMonkey
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by CheekyMonkey »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Shipping to the UK is no sweat now...
ImageOne happy monkey :D

I'll definitely have one - only reason I wouldn't is if I decided it was still too much work for me, which would make the case for the value of the DTM

I've got a 1.7 which I'm thinking of putting 96mm barrels and pistons on (which I believe will require some work on the heads) so am in the target market for the cali on steroids 8)
Guest

Post by Guest »

Any more on this yet?
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Waiting on the mold maker....
VielziDub2

Post by VielziDub2 »

This sounds very interesting! I hope that it will be available to us in the UK! I have decided to go CAli and have Joe's manual, but if this is going to be affordable, then it makes sence to pay for the quality and ease of fit I'm sure you will provide.

What's going to be next Jake? A Porsche style cooling conversion you will put your name to? Surely you could get it to work! Just so I could then say "Look at my Porsche (914) engine in the back of my Ghia!" and it would look like a Porsche engine! :lol:

The fan shroud to be used, I take it is going to be a copy of that "junk" chrome thing you used during the Type 1 DTM tests and found to excell itself.

Keep up the good work!

Dan
Locked