Kit Carlson EMS Question...
-
LouisCypher
-
LouisCypher
-
LouisCypher
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
LouisCypher
-
Guest
The simulations that I ran in the past with Engine Analyzer showed (if I remember right) that the stock d-jet intake runners do limit hp considerably compared to what can be achieved with an IR system. I think that was true for both a 2056 and a 2270.LouisCypher wrote:Let me put it another way:
Suppose you want to build a TIV engine for a 914 and want to keep at least the stock TB, plenum and runners. When will these parts start to be a restriction (in displacement or HP) when otherwise there is NO restriction. And please no turbos or things like that.
Louis
- Bleyseng
- Posts: 994
- Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2000 12:01 am
I will be playing with these questions soon. Another 914 guy is aready trying to make a 2270 work with the 2.0L stuff with MegaS. Its runs now but is it tuneable? It looks like the runners are too long for high rpm hp but will a larger plenum/shorter runners work. The cam and exhaust flow is key IMHO.
Geoff
Geoff
-
LouisCypher
Hi,
but as far as I have understood from
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/912e_kitcarlson.htm,
Jake's 912E with a 2563 cc engine makes nearly 200 HP, and it is equipped with the original plenum and runners!? Or am I wrong?
Louis
but as far as I have understood from
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/912e_kitcarlson.htm,
Jake's 912E with a 2563 cc engine makes nearly 200 HP, and it is equipped with the original plenum and runners!? Or am I wrong?
Louis
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
LouisCypher
-
LouisCypher
as mentioned above, repeated for your convenience here
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/912e_kitcarlson.htm[/url]
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/912e_kitcarlson.htm[/url]
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
Never seen that before! We'll change that graph!
That graph is for the 2563 engine located on the pages before.... Here
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/kitcarlson.htm
Sorry for the confusion, as you can read here my 912E has a 2056cc engine..
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/about_jake_cars.htm
That graph is for the 2563 engine located on the pages before.... Here
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/kitcarlson.htm
Sorry for the confusion, as you can read here my 912E has a 2056cc engine..
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/about_jake_cars.htm