I decided to use a 914 tach instead of the VDO one, and now I need to make sure that the wiring is going to be correct. Has anyone tried using the tach that has the built in oil, light lights already on it?
Thanks,
Ephry
914 tach wiring schematics needed
-
2litre
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:58 am
Try this topic link out.
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=86336
Helped me right out. I don't have mine mounted yet but my wife was kind enough to hold it as we drove. (Neat!, I could position it anywhere in the car with just a gentle voice command).
As for the turn signals and oil light, you could use the trial and error / plug and play method or just follow the nice diagrams in your Bentley manual to connect the old wires to the new terminals.
R/
Jim
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=86336
Helped me right out. I don't have mine mounted yet but my wife was kind enough to hold it as we drove. (Neat!, I could position it anywhere in the car with just a gentle voice command).
As for the turn signals and oil light, you could use the trial and error / plug and play method or just follow the nice diagrams in your Bentley manual to connect the old wires to the new terminals.
R/
Jim