New engine pics, W/sidewinder

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Plastermaster

New engine pics, W/sidewinder

Post by Plastermaster »

Hey guys, my long awaited engine came yesterday. Its on beautiful peice of work, and its all mine! BWAHAAHAAAHHAAAA!!

Here she is in the crate!

Check out the relocatd plugs!

OK, for real, here it is. LOL

Ron
Last edited by Plastermaster on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VGM

Post by VGM »

I'm drooling here...
EASY RIDER

Post by EASY RIDER »

You had me!!!! I was looking at that and could not even think. That was good!! I prayed that your install will be very painless. ENJOY! :P

Bert
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

As soon as I saw that Kadron I knew something wasn't right...LOL

I also hope the sidewinder fits the way it's supposed to... Ron is a pioneer with that bad boy on a TIV!
bj

Post by bj »

if you don't mind me asking...how much for the header? that's what i will need to keep me from leaving the muffler on my driveway.

bj
Plastermaster

Post by Plastermaster »

Sidewinder. stubs, muffler, and ceramic coating came to $952

It really is a quality piece. You really have to hold it in your hand to appreciate it. The muffler feels like its made from 1/4" stainless!

thanks for the encouragement Bert. I've been doing alot on the car just to get it ready. So far so good!

The engine is just awsome. The pics really don't do it justice. Jake has come through with flying colors.

Ron
MASSIVE TYPE IV

The price for the sidewinder in a more mass produced quantity is going to be up in the air until Ron gets his installed and we ensure there are no fitting issues.

I talked to Tiger after I dynoed Rons engine and asked him if there were some changes that he would consider making to the system to help with partial throttle response and power below 3K RPM.

When Ron's engine was on the dyno it required some tuning that I have never had to do before and I directly related that to the sidewinder.

When I asked Tiger about what he had seen at lower RPM on TI engines with this set up Vs the standard TI system... He responded that "There were no HP differences" and then I clarified by asking if he had ever tested it for other than peak HP numbers and he said no "Type I guys don't care about lower RPM numbers, just peak HP" and thats very true... The upper RPM with the sidewinder was unaffected on the dyno here we just need some fine tuning on the system down low- Maybe a primary runner length alteration....

I want to clarify that there is nothing "Wrong" with the sidewinder but that I simply feel that we can do some fine tuning that will help the engines down low that utilize it, especially goys with "2 literish" engines.... And compared to the standard A-1 and the tuning it needed I'd say the sidewinder has equal capability- It just needs some development.
speedy57tub

Post by speedy57tub »

Darn, for some reason I can't see th pics on my screen, those damn "x's"! :x
BAVWCJoel

Post by BAVWCJoel »

speedy57tub wrote:Darn, for some reason I can't see th pics on my screen, those damn "x's"! :x

same here :cry: :evil:
davygrvy

Post by davygrvy »

BAVWCJoel wrote:
speedy57tub wrote:Darn, for some reason I can't see th pics on my screen, those damn "x's"! :x
same here :cry: :evil:
Dave had to shutoff his computer last night, but it's up now.
WipEout

Post by WipEout »

Not that it's a huge difference if this header is Tiger-built, Jake-approved, but what, if any, is the difference in the head temps with the muffler so close to the head? Or is the picture playing tricks on my eyes and the muffler really isn't that close? Either way, that's a sweet motor, Ron! I'm green with envy! :mrgreen: Congrats!!!

DAVID MANN
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

That looks Sweeeet! I almost went with that design too. I may talk to tiger about it, but for a turbo application. Looks great Man! Just be a little careful with the coating. It's tough, but not super thick. Sweet!

Ephry
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Remember that when you are motovating down the road that air is a constant under the car and in the wheel well area- This removes heat from the exhaust very quickly..

The Tangerine header sits way closer to the valve cover than this system and with the Tangerine the pimaries are right there, not just a muffler.

I have never experienced hotter temps with the muffler near the head... Remember that he also has a DTM and that system has the capability of cooling a 3 liter engine- proven....

Forget about temp issues.
WipEout

Post by WipEout »

oooooh yyeaeaahhh... It's all coming back to me lol thanks!!
speedy57tub

Post by speedy57tub »

Plastermaster wrote:Sidewinder. stubs, muffler, and ceramic coating came to $952
:shock: Ouch, that definitely does not fit my budget but I am glad it does fit yours---very nice job indeed!! :wink: Let us know how it sounds and performs. :)