A ride in the "Bluebonic Plague"
-
74Shagenwagen
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:01 am
My first ride in the 3.0 'Plague was pretty wild...on the final stretch heading back to the shop, Jake jumps on it hard, and with one hand on the steering wheel he motions to me and says "check out the speedo!". The needle was pointing straight down and beyond...we were going well over 100mph.
The second ride was cool...Jake pulls over and then I get in the driver's seat. Well, not being too familiar with the way the car drives and shifts, I was taking it easy. Then Jake said to "get on it!" ...the acceleration is amazing. There seemed to be no end to it, then I shift into third (somewhat sloppy, lol) and the more I pushed the pedal the more I was pushed back into the seat. It's hard to describe the never-ending power, but just as Jake said..It's ALWAYS on!
The second ride was cool...Jake pulls over and then I get in the driver's seat. Well, not being too familiar with the way the car drives and shifts, I was taking it easy. Then Jake said to "get on it!" ...the acceleration is amazing. There seemed to be no end to it, then I shift into third (somewhat sloppy, lol) and the more I pushed the pedal the more I was pushed back into the seat. It's hard to describe the never-ending power, but just as Jake said..It's ALWAYS on!
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
74Shagenwagen
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- thepreacher
- Posts: 106
- Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:53 pm
Well, there's no question that Jake has one of, if not THE most awesome engines you can put in a bug. What I really want to know is, what is in the suspension?
Jake said, "I love to watch the expression on someones face when this baby squats down and launches!" That's not just engine, its suspension. We know what's behind the Plague, but what's under it? I seem to remember that you used to have a page on your web site dedicated to the Plague, but since its been reworked (the site, that is) I can't find that page. I, too, have a 66 bug, and I'd love to have optimal performance, not just from the engine, but from the brakes, suspension, transaxle, and everything, "the whole enchilada", as we say here in Texas.
Thanks,
Ken
Jake said, "I love to watch the expression on someones face when this baby squats down and launches!" That's not just engine, its suspension. We know what's behind the Plague, but what's under it? I seem to remember that you used to have a page on your web site dedicated to the Plague, but since its been reworked (the site, that is) I can't find that page. I, too, have a 66 bug, and I'd love to have optimal performance, not just from the engine, but from the brakes, suspension, transaxle, and everything, "the whole enchilada", as we say here in Texas.
Thanks,
Ken
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- speedy57tub
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:01 am
-
WipEout
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 12:01 am
I showed my friend the video last night. Here's the basic conversation (he's an import tuner guy, not rice, but....)
Him: That sounds like my friends Porsche.
Me: That's because it basically is a Porsche.
Him: My friend's is a 6cyl 911.
Me: This is a 4 cylinder Type 4. In a Bug.
Him:HOLY $#!T THAT'S AWESOME!
Him: That sounds like my friends Porsche.
Me: That's because it basically is a Porsche.
Him: My friend's is a 6cyl 911.
Me: This is a 4 cylinder Type 4. In a Bug.
Him:HOLY $#!T THAT'S AWESOME!
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
LOL
Honsetly I am having such a huge amount of people that have seen this video want an engine similar to it that I'm contemplating making a 2813cc kit with the Billet heads s possibility!
The labor on an engine this large cost more than the parts... So a kit makes sense to those serious guys out there that want power, sound and reliability in one package...
I am also considering the creation of JUST ONE more 3 liter engine and basically auctioning it off to the highest bidder- No more would be made..
Honsetly I am having such a huge amount of people that have seen this video want an engine similar to it that I'm contemplating making a 2813cc kit with the Billet heads s possibility!
The labor on an engine this large cost more than the parts... So a kit makes sense to those serious guys out there that want power, sound and reliability in one package...
I am also considering the creation of JUST ONE more 3 liter engine and basically auctioning it off to the highest bidder- No more would be made..
- DudeAndHisBus
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- samcat
- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:01 am
Wow!MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:LOL
Honsetly I am having such a huge amount of people that have seen this video want an engine similar to it that I'm contemplating making a 2813cc kit with the Billet heads s possibility!
The labor on an engine this large cost more than the parts... So a kit makes sense to those serious guys out there that want power, sound and reliability in one package...
I am also considering the creation of JUST ONE more 3 liter engine and basically auctioning it off to the highest bidder- No more would be made..
Got to say I am not surprised. it sounds awesome!
Really need some better quality vids of the engine doing its thing, something with a solid camera mount.
See it as a form of advertising.
Would love to go for a ride in The Plague... But distance is a bit of an issue... Perhaps you could ship the engine over to me to have a go
Cya,
SaM C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
-
WipEout
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 12:01 am
I would think a kit would be the bigger money-maker, in the long run, wouldn't it?
I sure as hell can't afford a 3L now, kit or bidding on one lol, so i'm hoping you'll be making the kits in a few years time, when I'll be out of school and settled in my new job enough to get one
Or at least, get the specs that I could build one as close to yours as possible....
I sure as hell can't afford a 3L now, kit or bidding on one lol, so i'm hoping you'll be making the kits in a few years time, when I'll be out of school and settled in my new job enough to get one
-
turbobug56
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:01 am
No one drives my 3liter on the street other than me.... The turbo makes a big difference though..... Low 10's on pump gas and street tires... thats where my fun begins...MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Yep, Shagenwagen got some seat time in the beast.... I love to watch the expression on someones face when this baby squats down and launches!