This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
A bug in sweden ("Alutechbubblan") has driven 10.39 with a typ4engine with modified stock heads and deutz cylinders! I think it is 2.4L with stock crank and rods, and yeah, a big turbo
To Russ and all of you involved,
Congratulations!
Pretty trick achievement with stock bottom.
Still what amazes me the most is those pinned stock cams.
The real daily driver part is also supernice!
...and this is the first race of the season. It is a bit of "road" to the 9's but not unreachable I guess, this year or pretty soon anyway.
JonasL wrote:A bug in sweden ("Alutechbubblan") has driven 10.39 with a typ4engine with modified stock heads and deutz cylinders! I think it is 2.4L with stock crank and rods, and yeah, a big turbo
amazing what the stock stuff can handle, Russ runs over head cams in it, plus lots of clever ali boxes full of ice and such things
Obviously the wrong forum to put this in
It has all the wrong parts in, but Well done to Russ just converted to run alky puts out 400+bhp at the wheels.
You should see the onlookers faces when he wheelies from the traffic lights.....................priceless
I'm not sure this is the wrong forum to put this in. Jake is normally in favour of all applications of the T4 engine, and I think he'll be glad to see this
60 mph comin up in just a gnats over 2 seconds
Unfortunately split a barrel the first failure (other than gearbox and clutch probs ) in many years of racing and street use.
Unfortunately split a barrel the first failure (other than gearbox and clutch probs ) in many years of racing and street use.
Cool! I guess you were running over 2 bar turbo pressure when that happened? Richie from this site once saw the same in a tuned 993 twin turbo IIRC when the valve got stuck and pressure rose to 3 bar...
I am about to open up my (mag cased) 915 trans for at least some new synchros. Are there any performance upgrades you recommend? Mind you, I'am not about to go turbo...
BTW, congrets on that amazing ET!
Thanks,
Walter
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
I am about to open up my (mag cased) 915 trans for at least some new synchros. Are there any performance upgrades you recommend? Mind you, I'am not about to go turbo...
BTW, congrets on that amazing ET!
Thanks,
Walter
Check the diff races and pinon bearing races carefully as they tend to pound out the case and losen up, actually fall out.