4-Lug Brake upgrades

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
User avatar
Cohibra45
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:50 pm

4-Lug Brake upgrades

Post by Cohibra45 »

I tried to post this in the Karmann Ghia forum and didn't get exactly what I was looking for, perhaps you guys could help :) ?

Thanks all,

I guess what I really meant to ask was, has anyone tried to do upgrades like the one on Pelican Parts.com where the 914 crowd has used BMW 320i calipers on the 914 rotors? I am thinking of going this way as a means of keeping the original rotors/bolt pattern and gaining hopefully a lot more braking power. Reading the article, I get the impression that this is almost a bolt on since the 914 and Karmann Ghia used the same calipers/rotors. I guess I should clarify using the 914-4 model only. Anyone used this or something like it? I will try to post this on the 'Euro Look' part of this forum.

Thanks again,

Kelly
Kelly (Cohibra45)

When only the BEST will do............

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/
Jim Andritsakos
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Jim Andritsakos »

Hi,

You can use Talbot Horizon calipers for better braking power!\
Michael Ghias site has detailed conversion info.

www.performanceghia.com

Good luck
Jim Andritsakos

1973 1303 German look (project)
1975 ex Bundeswehr vw 181 (FS)
1988 T3 Syncro 16 doubledoor
1990 T3 Syncro panel
1985 T3 Syncro ambulance (FS)
1985 T3 2WD panel (FS)
User avatar
Beherenow.tk
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:04 am

Post by Beherenow.tk »

but where can you possibly get talbot calipers these days?

i emailed michael as well, but no reponse from his side... :roll:
Post Reply