trouble with new posts

User avatar
bugninva
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bugninva »

doc wrote:This time you're the bug!?!

Can't explain, Chris. Wish I could. Everthing seems to work for me no matter which browser I use. I'd like to hear about it, if you find an explanation.

doc
yes it does seem my days as the windshield are over....<G>.... not sure *what* the problem is, nor how to go about "fixing" it....will keep trying though....if i *do* figure it out, will let you know(*or post here) so if anyone else or in the future suffers from the same, they will have somewhere to look...
User avatar
bugninva
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bugninva »

bugninva wrote:
doc wrote:This time you're the bug!?!

Can't explain, Chris. Wish I could. Everthing seems to work for me no matter which browser I use. I'd like to hear about it, if you find an explanation.

doc
yes it does seem my days as the windshield are over....<G>.... not sure *what* the problem is, nor how to go about "fixing" it....will keep trying though....if i *do* figure it out, will let you know(*or post here) so if anyone else or in the future suffers from the same, they will have somewhere to look...
no solutions to the problems yet....forcing me to actually avoid the site.... sorry...
User avatar
doc
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:38 pm

Post by doc »

Chris, no one else I'm aware of is having the problem. Sorry.

doc
User avatar
bugninva
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bugninva »

still having this same problem, even though i have two new computers since the problem surfaced.... and even more annoying is when i try to post...i get "invalid session please resubmit the form" 20-30 times before the post will go through.... someone was having trouble like this on another site and the suggestion was to empty the cookies.... i've done that multiple times...i've come to the conclusion that STF just doesn't like me... :wink:
User avatar
doc
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:38 pm

Post by doc »

I'm sorry you are having this problem, but there is just nothing to do about it on this end. You are the only one ever reporting the issue. The only thing that I can conclude is that it is something on your end.

If you had any other clues or something we might try to look for, perhaps we could try. But, with the information you have and you being the only occurance, there is just nothing I can do.

doc
User avatar
bugninva
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bugninva »

wasn't expecting a solution, at this point...just posted as an "update" to the two year old post...same problems, same site, different computers....but still no problems at multiple other sites...i'm guessing it's on my end, regaurdless of having no problems with a dozen other boards...
User avatar
doc
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:38 pm

Post by doc »

In a feeble attempt to at least make some effort, I reviewed both your registration and profile information and I actually looked at your line in the database (something that is usually beyond my ability) in hopes that I might see something odd or different.

Sorry, buginva looks just like about any other user. There are variations due to your specific input, but just nothing that looks out of the ordinary. So, I remain stumped. It seems incredible odds that the interface between your particular computers/connections produces this issue. As I've stated above, you are the only member in my tenure (3 years) to "report" the problem.

Wish I had a better answer.

doc
User avatar
Class 11 streeter
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Class 11 streeter »

bugninva, not trying to insult you or anything, you probably know a LOT more about computers than I do. I am just trying to help.

I've had a similar problem with STF when my security settings are set to either block or prompt first site cookies. MSIE of course.

I fixed it by specifying "always allow" cookies from shoptalkforums.com under tools>internet options>privacy>sites>type in shoptalkforums.com and click allow.

Hope it helps. :(
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
User avatar
doc
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:38 pm

Post by doc »

If it does, I'd like to hear about it.

doc
User avatar
bugninva
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bugninva »

Class 11 streeter wrote:bugninva, not trying to insult you or anything, you probably know a LOT more about computers than I do. I am just trying to help.

I've had a similar problem with STF when my security settings are set to either block or prompt first site cookies. MSIE of course.

I fixed it by specifying "always allow" cookies from shoptalkforums.com under tools>internet options>privacy>sites>type in shoptalkforums.com and click allow.

Hope it helps. :(
i have my settings the same, and all the forums i frequent are marked as "always allow"... wish it was that easy..
what bothers me the most here at STF, is everytime i post i get "invalid session, multiple times.....for reference i added this statement after ten "invalid sessions"....)
User avatar
Class 11 streeter
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Class 11 streeter »

Ok, how about this. Sign up a new account on STF and see how it runs.

That would go around your current login profile, and let you know if the STF server just has an issue with "bugninva".
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
User avatar
bugninva
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bugninva »

Class 11 streeter wrote: and let you know if the STF server just has an issue with "bugninva".
everybody and everything has issues with bugninva.... :lol:
SiQDiZ
Site Admin
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by SiQDiZ »

bugninva wrote:
Class 11 streeter wrote: and let you know if the STF server just has an issue with "bugninva".
everybody and everything has issues with bugninva.... :lol:
Check your mailbox.
Post Reply