What Shocks

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
elev8_dude
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:33 am

What Shocks

Post by elev8_dude »

I'm in the process of adding drop spindles from CB Performance and I figured I might as will change out the old shocks. Was wondering what are the best street shocks for my 69 beetle? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'll hopefully be posting my first ever pic's soon.
User avatar
Glenn
Posts: 5108
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Glenn »

I've always liked KYB GR2.
rustbucket
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:25 am

Post by rustbucket »

Ditto. I've run them for as long as I've had my car and always liked them.
elev8_dude
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:33 am

Post by elev8_dude »

I have seen those advertised and mentioned here before. Sounds good, thanks.

In the process of changing my spindles I broke my Tie Rod end on the passenger side. Gotta love this do-it-yourself stuff. I guess I'll be off the road a little longer than I thought.
rustbucket
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:25 am

Post by rustbucket »

Sounds pretty normal. Look at it this way though, aren't you glad it broke while you were wrenching on it and not while it was on the road? Just think of it as a stress test. :lol:
elev8_dude
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:33 am

Post by elev8_dude »

stress test on the car or me? :x
Post Reply