HEY!!!! TAKING A POLL!!!...CHECK IN WITH YOUR TIRE SIZES!!!
-
surfbug1
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:15 pm
HEY!!!! TAKING A POLL!!!...CHECK IN WITH YOUR TIRE SIZES!!!
HI......
WHAT SIZE TIRES DO YOU RUN IN THE FRONT / REAR?
WHAT BRAND OF TIRES DO YOU HAVE?
WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?
******
EVERYONE CHECK IN AND LOG YOUR INFO!!!!
******
I AM "TIRED" OF TRYING TO PICK TIRES BY MYSELF....HAHAHAHA
BIG AL
SURFBUG ------> MADE IT TO va AND BACK TO nyc OVER THE WEEKEND!!!
WHAT SIZE TIRES DO YOU RUN IN THE FRONT / REAR?
WHAT BRAND OF TIRES DO YOU HAVE?
WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?
******
EVERYONE CHECK IN AND LOG YOUR INFO!!!!
******
I AM "TIRED" OF TRYING TO PICK TIRES BY MYSELF....HAHAHAHA
BIG AL
SURFBUG ------> MADE IT TO va AND BACK TO nyc OVER THE WEEKEND!!!
-
Sixty3GL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:29 pm
-
volkdent
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:01 am
Pirelli PZero Nero
205/14/17 front on 7.5" Porsche Cup II
235/14/17 rear on 9" Porsche Cup II
Jason
205/14/17 front on 7.5" Porsche Cup II
235/14/17 rear on 9" Porsche Cup II
Jason
1960 "Bad Dub" http://youtu.be/VEUPxTw11hk
Drag http://youtu.be/NNcPQDiNPQE
Dyno http://youtu.be/51_JRESS0Tg
1957 "Ragster" http://germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11514
Drag http://youtu.be/NNcPQDiNPQE
Dyno http://youtu.be/51_JRESS0Tg
1957 "Ragster" http://germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11514
- Cohibra45
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:50 pm
I don't have 'Stock' rims; I am using Porsche 2.0 Fuchs and just put on 195/60/15 Goodyear 'Triple Tread'. I know they are not 'Performance' tires, but they sure do a lot better than the 165's I just took off
!!
I will give a report later if you guys would like. I think I might have to use some CB dropped spindles. My front end is a little high.
Kelly
I will give a report later if you guys would like. I think I might have to use some CB dropped spindles. My front end is a little high.
Kelly
-
Chris V
- Posts: 3416
- Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:01 am
I've run:
175/65-15's on 4", 4.5", and 5.5" rims
195/60-15's on 5.5" and 7" rims
215/60-15's on 6" and 7" rims
195/50-16's on 6" rims
205/55-16's on 6" rims
215/55-16's on 7" rims
225/50-16's on 7" and 8" rims.
There were also some 13's and 14's, but who cares about those
Continental's, Yokohama's, BF Goodrich's, Dunlop's, and Sumitumo's
eBay, TireRack
175/65-15's on 4", 4.5", and 5.5" rims
195/60-15's on 5.5" and 7" rims
215/60-15's on 6" and 7" rims
195/50-16's on 6" rims
205/55-16's on 6" rims
215/55-16's on 7" rims
225/50-16's on 7" and 8" rims.
There were also some 13's and 14's, but who cares about those
Continental's, Yokohama's, BF Goodrich's, Dunlop's, and Sumitumo's
eBay, TireRack
http://www.joesracing.com/
Son of Marc
Son of Marc
-
surfbug1
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:15 pm
so.....
I got 195-60-15's...
michilens energy mvx4"s
two for the front as a test......
and they are on sport wheels....vw stock sport wheels....
welll.....
the tires just miss the inside of the spring.....sport plus spring....
can just about put your finger behind them.,....it is close....
and....
I put the other 15s 165 sr's (80's) on the rear....
everything worked out well....
the front feels great, and I can't believe how much more control and feel I have over the front of the car......
next is the rear sway bar, and a new driver tie rod up front, and then put in my gr-2's ............then mich 205-60-15's in the rear.....used of course.....
so that is my story...
and I bought the tires with about 60 percent tread left.....they shoudl be 103 dollars per tire.....but I paid 17/50 each mounted and balanced.....
hey....great deals in the bronx, the little tire shop at the end of my block...
they even rotated all 4 of my tires!!!!
super
big al
surfbug1....
thanks for all the help from everyone...
I got 195-60-15's...
michilens energy mvx4"s
two for the front as a test......
and they are on sport wheels....vw stock sport wheels....
welll.....
the tires just miss the inside of the spring.....sport plus spring....
can just about put your finger behind them.,....it is close....
and....
I put the other 15s 165 sr's (80's) on the rear....
everything worked out well....
the front feels great, and I can't believe how much more control and feel I have over the front of the car......
next is the rear sway bar, and a new driver tie rod up front, and then put in my gr-2's ............then mich 205-60-15's in the rear.....used of course.....
so that is my story...
and I bought the tires with about 60 percent tread left.....they shoudl be 103 dollars per tire.....but I paid 17/50 each mounted and balanced.....
hey....great deals in the bronx, the little tire shop at the end of my block...
they even rotated all 4 of my tires!!!!
super
big al
surfbug1....
thanks for all the help from everyone...
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
-
surfbug1
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:15 pm
so,
I have 195/60 15's on the front...these are michilens....
and I just got 215-60-15's on the rear ....these are coopers.....I was woried if they would fit but they did and they look very cool....
and I bought new "used" chrome lug nuts....shiny and new looking...
bought everything for 95 bucks...
so add that to my sport wheels for 100 bucks....and I have got me self a tire package for 195 total......
seems to be working ok so far......thanks everyone for all the help and next is the rear sway bar, rear gr2's ....
then maybe new torsion bushings and lower the rear....and maybe some disks up front.....
getting better with each upgrade....next is then rear sway and the shocks.....
thanks
big al
surfbug1
I have 195/60 15's on the front...these are michilens....
and I just got 215-60-15's on the rear ....these are coopers.....I was woried if they would fit but they did and they look very cool....
and I bought new "used" chrome lug nuts....shiny and new looking...
bought everything for 95 bucks...
so add that to my sport wheels for 100 bucks....and I have got me self a tire package for 195 total......
seems to be working ok so far......thanks everyone for all the help and next is the rear sway bar, rear gr2's ....
then maybe new torsion bushings and lower the rear....and maybe some disks up front.....
getting better with each upgrade....next is then rear sway and the shocks.....
thanks
big al
surfbug1
-
Eurolook71
- Posts: 443
- Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2000 12:01 am
I plan on:
205/45/16 front and rear
as for 15s
your best bet would be some 195/50s...
you can find certain tires in the 15in flavor in 195/45, or 205/45, but your gonna pay ALOT for a smaller profile. I'm pretty sure you can find Dunlops, and a few more big names with these special sizes.
Just keep in mind, the lower the profile, the more road noise, and to be honest, the less milage out of the tires...oh the price we pay for performance.
205/45/16 front and rear
as for 15s
your best bet would be some 195/50s...
you can find certain tires in the 15in flavor in 195/45, or 205/45, but your gonna pay ALOT for a smaller profile. I'm pretty sure you can find Dunlops, and a few more big names with these special sizes.
Just keep in mind, the lower the profile, the more road noise, and to be honest, the less milage out of the tires...oh the price we pay for performance.

