"Super 2 Liter" update
- Can Drive Soon
- Posts: 851
- Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 1:08 pm
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- iamstumper
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 pm
Quick question and demonstration of my lack of things automotive 
For those of us not blessed with having a "classic" VW, will the final product (as you imagine it) pass California smog? Or, will we have to wait the 3 years to be exempt (Fraulein is a '79 after all), THEN replace the stock engine?
Of course, as I'm typing this, I can't remember if CA finally amended the laws for who is exempt from smog. Will have to check into that ... that could cause me to be in search of an even older VW that is exempt
BTW, love reading the forums and your site .... think you stated somewhere that you wanted people to feel as if they know you and where you are coming from.
After a couple of weeks of following your posts here and elsewhere, I feel like I could take a trip to GA for a kart experience while discussing what we can do for Fraulein! hehe
Keep up the progress and you'll open up a whole new avenue for guys to appeal to their wives on the possibilities of modifying their beloved rides! And for the women out there that have the same problem ... just in reverse, kick the guy in the seat and tell him he doesn't know how good he has it!!
For those of us not blessed with having a "classic" VW, will the final product (as you imagine it) pass California smog? Or, will we have to wait the 3 years to be exempt (Fraulein is a '79 after all), THEN replace the stock engine?
Of course, as I'm typing this, I can't remember if CA finally amended the laws for who is exempt from smog. Will have to check into that ... that could cause me to be in search of an even older VW that is exempt
BTW, love reading the forums and your site .... think you stated somewhere that you wanted people to feel as if they know you and where you are coming from.
After a couple of weeks of following your posts here and elsewhere, I feel like I could take a trip to GA for a kart experience while discussing what we can do for Fraulein! hehe
Keep up the progress and you'll open up a whole new avenue for guys to appeal to their wives on the possibilities of modifying their beloved rides! And for the women out there that have the same problem ... just in reverse, kick the guy in the seat and tell him he doesn't know how good he has it!!
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
farmer
- Posts: 2399
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:01 am
Yes, these fuel prices are really hitting. Today (sept. 1.) the prices hit $ 6,50 a gallon !!!. and with the problem occuring in Nigeria, may even go higher than that.
I HAVE to get my 1600 T1 fuel miser out, as soon as I get the time. (We cant go T4 as much as we want, because of goverment restrictions.
T.
I HAVE to get my 1600 T1 fuel miser out, as soon as I get the time. (We cant go T4 as much as we want, because of goverment restrictions.
T.
- iamstumper
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 pm
- A_67vdub
- Posts: 752
- Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:01 am
Just keep a spare stocker for the smog check and swap them out when done.iamstumper wrote:Well, I was hopeful ...
Anyone know of any good web developer jobs outside of CA?!
Either way, your project isn't done yet, so I have time to get another bug ...e rr I mean research alternatives
Or get an older car.
- Plastermaster
- Posts: 2762
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am
This project has been a big hit and has attracted much intrest on this forum. If it works out as planned, I bet you could add an "efficiency" line to some of the other engines as well. I am sure you and Len can squeeze another 10 MPG out of the 2270 and still keep that 40 more HP. It might not be worth it for all your engines, due to other aspects of the combo, but I bet a 40MPG 2270 would be a big hit.MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:hackett,
I didn't receive an email from you- I don't think anyway!
The 2016 MAY be a possibility as a full build- but it'll cost just as much labor as a 2270 that makes 40HP more... They take the same amount of my time.
Ron
- Can Drive Soon
- Posts: 851
- Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 1:08 pm
Am i missing something?Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:02 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, these fuel prices are really hitting. Today (sept. 1.) the prices hit $ 6,50 a gallon !!!. and with the problem occuring in Nigeria, may even go higher than that.
I HAVE to get my 1600 T1 fuel miser out, as soon as I get the time. (We cant go T4 as much as we want, because of goverment restrictions.
Off to watch mythbusters
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
farmer
- Posts: 2399
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:01 am
HE ! . - "I" am 9 hrs ahead of Western time.Can Drive Soon wrote:Am i missing something?Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:02 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, these fuel prices are really hitting. Today (sept. 1.) the prices hit $ 6,50 a gallon !!!. and with the problem occuring in Nigeria, may even go higher than that.
I HAVE to get my 1600 T1 fuel miser out, as soon as I get the time. (We cant go T4 as much as we want, because of goverment restrictions.
Off to watch mythbusters.
We have 92 - 95 and 97 oct around here. The price is for 95, which again is about similar to your 92 oct.
T.
-
zydeco
- Posts: 171
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:01 am
That doesn't make sense (assuming your gas prices are tickling $3/gallon too). Assuming $2.80 for regular and getting 40 mpg vs $3.00 for premium at 50 mpg, you come out ahead going for the premium. If/when gas prices come back down to $2.50/gal range, you'll start to come out ahead with the detuned version.JayInMI wrote:The difference between 87 and premium is about 18-20 cents a gallon here in MI. I'd rather get 40ish on 87, then 50 on premium...
Jay
Regardless, 40 mpg is sweet, 50 mpg is icing on the cake.