1200 to 1600

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
Steve Rock
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:07 am

1200 to 1600

Post by Steve Rock »

My bug has a 40 horse engine and i just picked up a 1600 case for free. What can i take from the 1200 to use on the 1600? I'm going to order a scat rebuild kit which comes with a lot of things but it's all those little things i need. Like everything else! I know the cooling tins and just about everything else worth anything isn't transferable, i'm working on a pretty tight budget so if there's anything i can take from that old motor i will. Thanks for your help!
Guest

Re: 1200 to 1600

Post by Guest »

Steve Rock wrote:My bug has a 40 horse engine and i just picked up a 1600 case for free. What can i take from the 1200 to use on the 1600? I'm going to order a scat rebuild kit which comes with a lot of things but it's all those little things i need. Like everything else! I know the cooling tins and just about everything else worth anything isn't transferable, i'm working on a pretty tight budget so if there's anything i can take from that old motor i will. Thanks for your help!
Valve covers, fuel pump, pin and stand,generator and stand,front pulley
and bolt, fan belt, distributer,sparkplug wires, muffler and heater boxes.
Post Reply