Type IV Turbo kit price target?
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
I think they were stock. KB doesn't make a 90mm piston.
I used the 91mm size because I LOVE small bored Turbo engines and also so I could do some testing with a stock 1700 cylinder bored to 91mm from 90 against a set of Nickies that Charles and I developed especially for a Turbo..
Its all about being able to crank up the boost- engine size doesn't matter- just strength.
I used the 91mm size because I LOVE small bored Turbo engines and also so I could do some testing with a stock 1700 cylinder bored to 91mm from 90 against a set of Nickies that Charles and I developed especially for a Turbo..
Its all about being able to crank up the boost- engine size doesn't matter- just strength.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
- samcat
- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:01 am
Not an issue as I am running a set of JE'sMASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:
sam, I plan on testing a 2270 engine built to "Kit" specs, like yours to see how much boost it takes to make things start to compromise..
The only killer is the KB pistons supposedly do not like boost- I guess we'll see if I can defy the rules set by the KB fatory and make it work anyway!
Would make a really nice upgrade for the future... Will have to start saving the pennies.
Cheers,
Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
- Plastermaster
- Posts: 2762
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am
the price on that kit seems like a deal, considering all that is included. The turbo part of it isn't that much. I'm thinking those of us that already have 150HP but maybe do not have the optimum combo for the turbo, or the internal strength, can still have a hell of a ride with conservative boost.
Ron
Ron
- Plastermaster
- Posts: 2762
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am
- Ephry73
- Posts: 3369
- Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am
Good point Ron. I guess at worse case scenario we can always use some water/alcohol injection to cool the charge.
With our 2270s the thing is head sealing even before we can worry about too much boost heating things up. I am even willing to step down to a 94mm piston/cylinder if it will help control head leaks(specially if using some nickies, then again, maybe some thicker nickies may help keep the 96mm bore under check with boost)
E
With our 2270s the thing is head sealing even before we can worry about too much boost heating things up. I am even willing to step down to a 94mm piston/cylinder if it will help control head leaks(specially if using some nickies, then again, maybe some thicker nickies may help keep the 96mm bore under check with boost)
E
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am