factory Type 4 springs

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

factory Type 4 springs

Post by dstar5000 »

Ihave been wondering what the difference between the three different springs used on the T4 engine.

I have different part number listings for:

72-74, 1700cc
18-2000cc solid
78-79 2000cc hydraulic

Are they all the same length?
Which has the highest pressure?

It would seem that since the hydros are 8mm longer, they would
need the highest pressure, due to the weight!

The Bentley says they are rated at 198lbs compressed and
doesn't differentiate.

Can anyone hep a Brutha out?

Len?

Don
Last edited by dstar5000 on Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I've never noticed a difference in them... Stock springs suck!
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

The rev-limiter on the bus is 5400, so stockers work fine!
:lol:

You still taking those out of the AMC heads?

I just need 8..........
:lol:

I bid on that barrel of valves and springs you sold on ESlay,
but I got out bid! :(

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

We have more than we did on the EBAY buy, now...

1 buck each.
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

COOL! :D
I'll add it in the note when I check out!

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

Found the set of new springs I had, so I just ordered some extra
retaining wires instead!
:lol:

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
Locked