any one using these adjustables to lower the rear?

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
surfbug1
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:15 pm

any one using these adjustables to lower the rear?

Post by surfbug1 »

Hey,

I did the front of the bug, now, just want to tune in the rear.....



any one using this setup? I like the adjustable feature...


http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=194572


just wondering.....I know I have to change the bushings and mess around with the torsion bars......but at least this will make it adjustable to dial it in....


any thoughts?

al
Laz
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:25 pm

Post by Laz »

yeah the adjustment is small about 2-3 degrees on the compass if i would have known then what i know now i would have made the switch to coil overs. fully adjustable with none of the headache.those bushing are a pita plus the urethane bushings squeak and creak like oj simpsons knees after the jog from a crime scene. lather them down good with the grease that comes with them , then find some penetrating oil to lube the every so often. as the wheel cleaner washes the lube off of them. other than that good luck bro!!
surfbug1
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:15 pm

Post by surfbug1 »

what coil overs?

any articles on how to do that?

I had no idea coil overs can go back there.....I heard the torsion bars are a pain....


any links to any of the parts I would need for coil overs.....?


thanks

big al
500LbGorilla

Post by 500LbGorilla »

Al, once you've done it once, you can do it in about an hour after that. Unloading and reloading the spring plates is really easier than people let on. Using a floor jack to unload and reload them makes the job easy.
64bug
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:40 am

Post by 64bug »

I just use my legs to unload it.... 8) :roll:
Post Reply