windshield what year fits what
-
melvis360
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:42 pm
windshield what year fits what
will a windshield out of a 1969 type 3 fit in a 1972 type 3 i know they changed the body style a little but did the windshields change to?
-
Tristessa
- Posts: 473
- Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 12:01 am
The windshield opening is the same size, but you *might* need to take out some clipped-on metal thingamajigs around the edges of the openings to use the '69 windshield.
I know VW put *something* in there, but I'm not remembering what exactly it is, what years it was put in (other than after 1970), or what it's supposed to do. I just remember that it'll have to come out to use an earlier windshield.
I know VW put *something* in there, but I'm not remembering what exactly it is, what years it was put in (other than after 1970), or what it's supposed to do. I just remember that it'll have to come out to use an earlier windshield.