Our most recent customer testimonial-

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

GREAT!
Thatsa very cool running combo and always has been..
Racer Chris
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Racer Chris »

Thanks for the pics Mike, your car looks great in the sun!
User avatar
BigOlJohnson
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:16 am

Post by BigOlJohnson »

Why are those cones lying down?

Pointing you in the right direction?
:lol:

BOJ
Quik914
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:42 am

Cones

Post by Quik914 »

Yep, we are going right there, even though the front wheels are turned to left lock. It was a close one, but I caught it. RAT Power, gotta love it. If you look closely, you can see the heat coming out the rear and the rear wheels spinning.
Quik914
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:42 am

Post by Quik914 »

No problem Chris. It really is a beautiful set up. I have had people tell me I need to put a mirror under it so you can see the exhaust. I put a nice Boxster heat shield over where I had to cut the 916 bumper, but the plate is just tall enough to fit and covers the shield. I figured that I would not cut the plate just in case Johnny law saw it and wanted to make a big deal about it. When you come down to Road Atlanta again, let me know. I will bring it up and you can take it for a spin.

MK[/quote]
Racer Chris
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Racer Chris »

I handn't realized that the shape of the 916 bumper forces the liicense plate to be quite a bit lower than on the stock bumper. It would look perfect with a European plate, long and narrow. :lol:
Quik914
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:42 am

Autocross temps

Post by Quik914 »

Ran an autocross this past weekend in the 90+++ heat. I had to let her idle for several min. to get the oil temp up to 180 before my run. After 1:50 of hard driving, oil temp under 200 and CHT below 350. It was running strong and I was less than 8 seconds off the FTD and I was running street tires to their race rubber.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

SWEET!
It was hotter than HELL this past weekend in our neck of the woods!
Locked