Econoheader good for 155HP on a 2270!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Econoheader good for 155HP on a 2270!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I tried this out last week and it is true! I was not able to compare the system against an A-1 on that engine, but the results we attained were good enough!

The engines was a 2270 daily driver+ thats generally good for 160HP with an A-1 and about 170 Tq, the econoheader was within 3% of those numbers across the board with BSFC numbers that were almost as good!

I do feel that a 2270 is the maximum limit for this header and the only way I was able to make this happen effectively was with a cam alteration that the DD+ gets when it's being coupled to stock heater boxes for 914 applications..

We tried it and it works and yes, I did retain the combo!