ive got a set of 924 dials and i was wondering if anyone has ever installed a set cos i need a bit of help
there a voltmeter, oil temp and clock which look totally straight forward - but then ive got speedo, tacho/rev counter and one which has stuff like indicator lights and headlight stuff on it
can anyone shed any light on it please
cheers in advance
porsche gauge install help
- ccain529
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:46 am
Hey fastdub,
I installed a set of 914 gauges in my 1302. I'm not sure how similar the 914 are to the 924 gauges but the install on the tach and speedo were pretty straight forward. I had to run a whole mess of other wires for dash lighting and since there were two holes for signal indicators (left and right) I wired in a second bulb as apposed to trying to figure out how to wire up a left and right bulb.
the speedo on the 914 was a direct hook-up and there were only 3 connectors on the back of the tach, one for the wire coming from the coil, one for hot and one for ground.


Here's a tech article from German Look that covers the gauge install:
http://www.germanlook.com/Html/Tech/Tec ... nstall.htm
I don't know if this is any helps...
DO yourself a favor and DON'T use "piggy back connectors for your dash lights. Take the time to set down and hard-wire everything together and make yourself a nice harness for yuor dash lights. Don't ask me how I know this but it's cheeper in than replacing the headlight switch and all the wiring!
I installed a set of 914 gauges in my 1302. I'm not sure how similar the 914 are to the 924 gauges but the install on the tach and speedo were pretty straight forward. I had to run a whole mess of other wires for dash lighting and since there were two holes for signal indicators (left and right) I wired in a second bulb as apposed to trying to figure out how to wire up a left and right bulb.
the speedo on the 914 was a direct hook-up and there were only 3 connectors on the back of the tach, one for the wire coming from the coil, one for hot and one for ground.


Here's a tech article from German Look that covers the gauge install:
http://www.germanlook.com/Html/Tech/Tec ... nstall.htm
I don't know if this is any helps...
DO yourself a favor and DON'T use "piggy back connectors for your dash lights. Take the time to set down and hard-wire everything together and make yourself a nice harness for yuor dash lights. Don't ask me how I know this but it's cheeper in than replacing the headlight switch and all the wiring!