Building the Ultimate Killer Bee!

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
User avatar
thrown_hammer
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am

Post by thrown_hammer »

So back to the beam bushings. The dimension I need to measure is the OD of the bushing right? The ID of the bushing should be standard right? The beam could be non standard but the arms should be standard….right?
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Yes the O.D is what you need but to make sure that there are no hiccups I would measure I.D. and have them varify that too. Also if you would measure the O.D. of the arms and post that for us. For the little bit of extra time it will take care of worrying if it is the right one.
User avatar
thrown_hammer
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am

Post by thrown_hammer »

I moved one of my offroad lights to the rear to make some space up front for my class 2 hitch reciever. I figure a 150 watt reverse light should get thier attention..... 8)

Image
Image
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

YOU,YOU ARE THE ONE, PAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE BEEN GOING TO WORK SINGING THAT FRICKEN SONG. Could not for the live of me figure out how it got in my head.

Some how some way I will get you back. :evil:
User avatar
scott the viking
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:35 am

Post by scott the viking »

Totally...
User avatar
thrown_hammer
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am

Post by thrown_hammer »

Ever since I got my new carb SpongeBob is running like a dream. I am loving life. It's supposed to be 40 in the morning so I spent the afternoon with expanding foam and seam sealer filling all the drafty areas in front of the car. Also mounted my ceramic heater in a strategic location to keep the fog off the window. Can't wait for another He-man Indiana winter! :lol:
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

thrown_hammer wrote:He-man Indiana winter! :lol:
I'll play liar's poker with the low temp this winter.
User avatar
thrown_hammer
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am

Post by thrown_hammer »

But do you drive your Bug everyday? And I mean EVERYDAY?
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

No... my rail :D
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Yea this winter hopefully have pics to show.
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

I'll have to snap some winter rail pix...

Ice racing in a rail is one nutty ride.

T.
User avatar
thrown_hammer
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 am

Post by thrown_hammer »

MNAirHead wrote:No... my rail :D
:shock: You win.
User avatar
scott the viking
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:35 am

Post by scott the viking »

OH YEAH....well I ride a motorcycle with nothing more than a tank top, a pair of camo shorts and flip flops....AAAAND when I get where I am going...I stretch my hand out on the gas tank and smack the end of my finger with a tack hammer. I have recently been building a shield to try and prevent any of the engine heat from providing me with comfort.
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

thrown_hammer wrote:But do you drive your Bug everyday? And I mean EVERYDAY?
MNAirHead wrote:No... my rail :D
I have to raise the B.S. flag on that one.
otis
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:30 pm

Post by otis »

Uh, Leather--if you've been paying attention on these forums, that's one pretty worn-out flag if you're gonna raise it ever time. Hope you've got a supplier for cheap replacements.

And the Hoosier winter has to be tougher--just because that's the way I remember 'em as a kid. You know, walking those 5 miles to school...

in waist-deep snow...


into the wind...


uphill....


both ways


Dang, I miss having a real winter! What they call winter here in Tulsa wouldn't even be considered a cold autumn back there.
Post Reply