My Buggy (re)Build.
- Leatherneck
- Moderator
- Posts: 17104
- Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm
- takotruckin
- Posts: 3774
- Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm
- Leatherneck
- Moderator
- Posts: 17104
- Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm
This is where I got mine at. Call them though, don't just look on the site.
http://www.germanautodismantlers.com/
http://www.germanautodismantlers.com/
-
65baja
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:19 pm
I've had good luck with this site plus free shipping on alot of stuff
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp ... 2D5093%2DB
if your looking for parts already "broken in" might be able to talk this guy out of just the cv's seems like a fair price on the whole deal might get a good price on 'em. (unless he is just trying to get rid of the tranny and selling the cv's and axles
)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=362893
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp ... 2D5093%2DB
if your looking for parts already "broken in" might be able to talk this guy out of just the cv's seems like a fair price on the whole deal might get a good price on 'em. (unless he is just trying to get rid of the tranny and selling the cv's and axles
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=362893
- RyanB
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am
Ok... So I spent time last night pricing out going with 930 stuff. Holy poop... It would cost me nearly 1k bucks to get everything I need from stub axles in.
At this point I am going to just go with type2 stuff. The axles are 159 for the pair (I thought each at one point.. phew!!) and I can get CV's locally for 50 bucks a pair. I figure if I destroy them now and then I can quickly replace them. All told, looks like I can get Bus Stubs for about 20 bucks each, 4 CV's for 100 bucks and a pair of axles for 159 bucks. That is a far far cry from a 930 setup for nearly a grand.
In the meantime I can keep an eye out for type 4 CV's. I'll give the germanautodismantlers place a call leatherneck. Thanks.
I did contact that guy about the tranny and whatnot. He's keeping his 930 CV's. Only selling tranny, Axles and flanges. I discussed with him selling just the axles and flanges. However if I go that route then I'd be keeping my Type1 transmission. I'd still like to put my 002 into the car. Hence why I checked pricing to get the rest of the 930 stuff above.
Since I didnt have the rebuild kits for my dells on my Baja I got to tearing apart the rear end. Those torsions scare the hell outa me. I think I looked like a mad scientist last night trying to pop one loose. I had daymares of it popping out with such force it would fly off or hit something and kill me... Heh.
Anyhow, here's a few pics I snapped. Next up is to finish removing the doglegs and brake stuff. Clean it up and determine once and for all if I am going to put my 002 in...

Larger Pic

Larger Pic
At this point I am going to just go with type2 stuff. The axles are 159 for the pair (I thought each at one point.. phew!!) and I can get CV's locally for 50 bucks a pair. I figure if I destroy them now and then I can quickly replace them. All told, looks like I can get Bus Stubs for about 20 bucks each, 4 CV's for 100 bucks and a pair of axles for 159 bucks. That is a far far cry from a 930 setup for nearly a grand.
In the meantime I can keep an eye out for type 4 CV's. I'll give the germanautodismantlers place a call leatherneck. Thanks.
I did contact that guy about the tranny and whatnot. He's keeping his 930 CV's. Only selling tranny, Axles and flanges. I discussed with him selling just the axles and flanges. However if I go that route then I'd be keeping my Type1 transmission. I'd still like to put my 002 into the car. Hence why I checked pricing to get the rest of the 930 stuff above.
Since I didnt have the rebuild kits for my dells on my Baja I got to tearing apart the rear end. Those torsions scare the hell outa me. I think I looked like a mad scientist last night trying to pop one loose. I had daymares of it popping out with such force it would fly off or hit something and kill me... Heh.
Anyhow, here's a few pics I snapped. Next up is to finish removing the doglegs and brake stuff. Clean it up and determine once and for all if I am going to put my 002 in...

Larger Pic

Larger Pic
- takotruckin
- Posts: 3774
- Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm
- Leatherneck
- Moderator
- Posts: 17104
- Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm
- RyanB
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am
Thanks for the heads up taco. as in everything in life, you have to budget I guess. My fastest road to getting it back and going is to spend $300 to get the type 2 stuff, then later on maybe convery to 930 when I can stomach $700.
In the long run I'll pay more for sure I guess. But sometimes thats what ya got to do. It doesnt help that I have to split my budget between 2 cars. My buggy and my Baja. hehe.
In the long run I'll pay more for sure I guess. But sometimes thats what ya got to do. It doesnt help that I have to split my budget between 2 cars. My buggy and my Baja. hehe.
- takotruckin
- Posts: 3774
- Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm
- RyanB
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am
Because i've already purchased the 3x3 arms from BCR...
Sadly none of my inquiry's to BCR are being returned. I was going to have them do my tube cage work and stuff but they must be too busy.
I've found some type4 CV's it looks like. Nearly the same price as I can get the Type2 stuff too. Wow!
So at this point looks like I'll buy the 19 3/4" axles new. Get the type 4 CV's and get some Bus stubs. If I remember right, bus stubs should be fine for type 4 CV's... I better look into that again.
Sadly none of my inquiry's to BCR are being returned. I was going to have them do my tube cage work and stuff but they must be too busy.
I've found some type4 CV's it looks like. Nearly the same price as I can get the Type2 stuff too. Wow!
So at this point looks like I'll buy the 19 3/4" axles new. Get the type 4 CV's and get some Bus stubs. If I remember right, bus stubs should be fine for type 4 CV's... I better look into that again.
- takotruckin
- Posts: 3774
- Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm
- RyanB
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am