Fusing a relay

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
User avatar
fl_buggy
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Fusing a relay

Post by fl_buggy »

Hi all, I'm starting the wiring diagram for my rail buggy and I have a question. Each circuit will be on its own relay. I obviously want to fuse the high current wire but wonder if there is an advantage to fusing before or after the relay? This will be a total custom wiring job so I'm not concerned with packaging or routing issues.
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

Wouldn't this depend on the destination..

Fusable Links on the relays could get messy.

fusing the source normally does the trick.
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Re: Fusing a relay

Post by david58 »

fl_buggy wrote:Hi all, I'm starting the wiring diagram for my rail buggy and I have a question. Each circuit will be on its own relay. I obviously want to fuse the high current wire but wonder if there is an advantage to fusing before or after the relay? This will be a total custom wiring job so I'm not concerned with packaging or routing issues.
This diagram shows the proper uses for a fuse. You can add fuses, but then you have needless connections that can corrode and or cause problems. Fuse the power to the relay and that is all you really need. Keep it simple.
Image
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Post Reply