Colour coding wire

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
Gavin
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:01 am

Colour coding wire

Post by Gavin »

I am contemplating replacing the wiring in my 71 KG but would like to match the wire colours - which is hard. Whilst I can get a variety of colours and stripes some I can't match and invariably have to buy a big quantity of it.

So I thought maybe I wouldn't need to try so hard to match the colours but use clear heat shrink on the ends of the wires where they connect to the terminals but before I shrink the tubing make a piece of paper coloured the same as the correct colour of the wire and stick that under the heat shrink.

Wad' ya' think?
DesertGuy
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Post by DesertGuy »

Have a look at this thread...

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=109070

I wonder if you used the adhesive lined tubing if it would destroy the label? Also, in my experience with clear tubing, it seems to loose its "clearness" in a short period of time.
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

Desert..

My clear stuff turns opaque on day two
Post Reply