Kbwakesk8's cars ,i need help!

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

Getrdone wrote:Kabowski, What size are your all terrians in the rear in that pic. Thanks
they are only 31/10.5/15 i want to go to a 33/12.5/15
CopperBaja wrote:
KBWAKESK8 wrote:I just don't have the money right now to finish that motor. I'm shopping for a house.
Uh oh... You do realize that after you buy a house, your time and money that you think you don't have know become a reality that you don't have them, right??? :lol:
Ya I know i have been makeing house payments to my self towards a down trying to put away 2k a mounth. there was a couple mounths where it all went in to the car. I know when i find the a house the car will be on hold for a while. :cry:
Last edited by KBWAKESK8 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

The 33X12.50's are what I am running wish they had a 33X 9.50
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

there was a 33/10.5 i was looking at
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

:shock: :roll:
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Thanks for that link will look into those. That is a good looking tire.
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by CopperBaja »

KBWAKESK8 wrote:Ya I know i have been makeing house payments to my self towards a down trying to put away 2k a mounth. there was a couple mounths where it all went in to the car. I know when i find the a house the car will be on hold for a while. :cry:
That's why my build is taking 2 years+ bought my house 2 years ago this month.... Mine is a true "budget baja". :wink:

btw...even though I'm not in the construction field (wish I was...the remodeling would go alot quicker) I've watched prices at Home Depot rise and rise. (Ex. Used to get a sheet of drywall for ~$6. ~$10/sheet now.)

*edit* now that I think of it, my wife probably would call it an "ANTI-budget baja". :lol:
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

In sept. i will be 2 years in with this project. It's sad to say but I see another 2 years before i give up. Building a car is like a peice of art work you never finish it. there is always somthing you want to change. it gets to a point where you just give up. or start a new car.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by CopperBaja »

KBWAKESK8 wrote:In sept. i will be 2 years in with this project. It's sad to say but I see another 2 years before i give up. Building a car is like a peice of art work you never finish it. there is always somthing you want to change. it gets to a point where you just give up. or start a new car.
Yup...I'm to the point to where I just want to slap it together and drive it, but I'm taking my time and doing it right. Right for my budget at least...

You look like you've had a more productive 2 yrs in your build than I have. :)
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
bajaherbie
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm

Post by bajaherbie »

copper, in 1992 sheetrock was $1.89 for a 4x8 sheet........

and there is a s/r plant about 18 miles away and now its about 7 bucks a sheet.... :?
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
vwpile
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by vwpile »

man your car is so clean and tight. that front bumper doesnt really fit it seems its not as tight you know what i mean. like the loop is too big or something i dont know
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

i did a lot more work on the front end this weekend. the bumper looks alot better i got all my lights mounted in the front end. i will take pic's to night.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

the pic's are a little dark took them at night

Image

starting the skid plate

Image

Image

Image

Image
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

That is sweet! I think you might need a few more lights though, I can still see some of the body :lol: Your doing a great job of it that is for sure.
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

I picked my plasma cuter up last night very cool.
:shock: :roll:
SpazMO
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by SpazMO »

Heh. First time I set up a plasma, I accedentally grabbed the ground from the tig instead of the plasma. It would only cut for a few seconds, then stop. I though it sucked, but I kept at it long enough to catch the firewall on fire, and then put it out with the hose.

You can guess what happened when I got back to cutting- BBQ Spaz.

good stuff.
Post Reply