Lighter/power point
- nukeworker
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:46 pm
Lighter/power point
I bought a lighter receptacle from walmart so I can plug in stuff like a GPS or CB radio. My question is; I need to know how much amperage they use. I've got the Watson's kit and I was wondering where I should plug the red wire into it. 10 amps, 20, 30? It seems like a lighter would draw a lot of current but I don't plan to use it for a lighter, just the GPS or CB.....maybe one of those small air compressor/tire inflaters. Thanks in advance.
- rickosuave1987
- Posts: 4640
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:15 pm
Most electronic items like GPS will have a label on them that tells you the amperage.
I would size your wiring and fuse size to about 110% of the largest load that will be on it.
I would size your wiring and fuse size to about 110% of the largest load that will be on it.
Baja
HookIt
GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
HookIt
GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!