My '73 Super

Post pictures of your pride and joy here!
papaphaedrus
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:57 pm

My '73 Super

Post by papaphaedrus »

This is my baby. She is a work in progress, looking to raise the rear a bit, needs new paint, and I'm gonna build a bigger motor next year.
Image
Image
Image
BeetleBug70
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:45 am

Post by BeetleBug70 »

Oh I like that.

I'm glad some people think outside the square, most put red flames, lol. I put blue flame's on an old Civic once.

:)
papaphaedrus
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by papaphaedrus »

I didn't do that to be honest, but the next paint job is (hopefuly) going to be pearl plum metallic with black ghost flames underneath. Toying with black tribal graphics along the sides and back instead or as well. Engine comes first though. Then suspension. Oh, and four wheel discs. IMHO paint is the last thing a project gets. That's how you know it's "done" 8)
BeetleBug70
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:45 am

Post by BeetleBug70 »

I think the tribal would look good. It certainly sounds sexy. Good luck with it.
oldtimer
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 am

Post by oldtimer »

Beautiful start. You might consider lowering the front rather than raising the rear. Try www.Topline.com for lowering struts. Keep us up to date w/ your upgrades & progress! Nice to see another Super project!
oldtimer
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 am

Post by oldtimer »

delete
Last edited by oldtimer on Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtimer
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 am

Super project

Post by oldtimer »

Beautiful start. You might consider lowering the front rather than raising the rear. Try Topline for lowering struts. Keep us up to date w/ your upgrades & progress! Nice to see another Super project!
oldtimer
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 am

Super project

Post by oldtimer »

Beautiful start. You might consider lowering the front rather than raising the rear. Try Topline for lowering struts. Keep us up to date w/ your upgrades & progress! Nice to see another Super project!
papaphaedrus
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by papaphaedrus »

Here in St. Loser in he great state of Misery we have REALLY crappy roads. I'm gonna build a slammed beetle eventualy, but not for a daily driver. Also, raising the rear will give me better access to the bottom end of the motor, and with slightly bigger tires on the rear I'll get the effects of a freeway flyer (kinda) in asmuch as the engine will not have to turn as fast to get highway speeds. I'm not building a racer with this one, just a fun car with some git up and git. Besides, with a raised rear instead of a slammed front even dubbers will do a double take. I like being different. :shock:
Post Reply