Video store

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
User avatar
mike thompson
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:39 am

Post by mike thompson »

I went to a "Cruise night" at the local track, 5 bucks per run -no tech or timeslips (but no hassle about lack of; window net, 5pt. harness, or roll cage in my open car). Was curious what it would turn.
I Was shocked when I reviewed the video at home, that the tach was almost to 7000 on my shifts - and I thought I was shifting at 5500. I guess the xtra 3# boost (up to 10) extended the power range.

I purposely lined up out of the groove to promote wheelspin and decrease wheel hop. Tires slipped in the first two gearchanges. No powershifts.

The second tire squeal you hear is the guy in the other lane with an old Nova who slept a bit on the tree.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=17yVbCmUTTg
User avatar
4agedub
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:50 am

Post by 4agedub »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5QuY8CTQsk

Driving into boost... 7 psi 2nd and 3rd gear.
VW Beetle 1303 EJ20T Subarugears Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 2332cc 200hp N/A Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 1969 2666cc Turbo Road Toy
User avatar
Wally
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Wally »

Nice digital dash BTW!
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303

"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
User avatar
4agedub
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:50 am

Post by 4agedub »

Thanks :wink:
VW Beetle 1303 EJ20T Subarugears Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 2332cc 200hp N/A Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 1969 2666cc Turbo Road Toy
User avatar
MarioVelotta
Posts: 4086
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am

Post by MarioVelotta »

A slow 1/4 mile run from last weekend, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVTOdZqbwI
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
User avatar
MarioVelotta
Posts: 4086
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am

Post by MarioVelotta »

The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
User avatar
ToRy 70
Posts: 1338
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:00 pm

Post by ToRy 70 »

Hey Mario, I think you and I have the same steering wheel. Grant Formula-1?
User avatar
VOLKS70
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:13 am

after many hours

Post by VOLKS70 »

Last edited by VOLKS70 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MarioVelotta
Posts: 4086
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am

Post by MarioVelotta »

ToRy 70 wrote:Hey Mario, I think you and I have the same steering wheel. Grant Formula-1?
It's a Grant I don;t know if its the Formula-1, I've had it for like 8 years.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
User avatar
turbobaja
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Re: ok here is mine

Post by turbobaja »

Its kinda hard to tell, but I think I recognize your bug from the Vintage Meet @ SCC yesterday (7/19). The way the intake is welded to the compressor housing looks familiar. And the rear tire/wheel combo in your avatar looks like the ones I saw on that car too.

I could be totally mistaken.

Anyhow, did that thing idle with just a bump of the key or is it just cranking in your vid. Can't really tell.

Cool bug either way.

Karl
User avatar
MinamiKotaro
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:26 am

Post by MinamiKotaro »

Just me starting up the new motor after switching back to gasoline and resetting the req_fuel.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=40568989
'67 Beetle, 2276
MS-1 v3.57
User avatar
MarioVelotta
Posts: 4086
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am

Post by MarioVelotta »

looks like you got a new camera too.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Boosted71
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Boosted71 »

heres the only good video i got so far.
turbo 1835 with t25 turbo, mofoco 50 series heads, 8:1 compression, 112 ocatne and 15lbs of boost. (only running 10lbs at time of video)

8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qcLo2AVpIs
User avatar
4agedub
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:50 am

Post by 4agedub »

Last edited by 4agedub on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
VW Beetle 1303 EJ20T Subarugears Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 2332cc 200hp N/A Circuit Racer
VW Beetle 1969 2666cc Turbo Road Toy
SiQDiZ
Site Admin
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by SiQDiZ »

4agedub wrote:My track day run.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-OkStFtOcs"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-OkStFtOcs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

best is to just link to your youtube page, you cannot embed flash movies on this forum.
Post Reply