Geriatric? That's better than Dad's race car ever did, 160HP 2110, ~1500lbs with him in it, 4.86 gear, and slicks.
Hell, some of the 6-second (in the 1/8th) pro-street V8s don't turn better 60-fts than that!
"geriatric" seems a little bit excessive ! but generally my 60 fts are more in the 1.60 range. That's the reason why I called it geriatric !
But for racing in my 13'' race index class, it's fine. less wear on the drive train.
MarioVelotta wrote:
What do you guys use to your pressure gauge?
Electric style for me.
Im on my 3rd VDO electric style gauge in 2 years. I think it is about time to move on to the real deal. The gauge works just not the sender at about $30 a pop.
I've started my alki injection project. Today I fabbed the mounts for the electric check valve, pump and reservoir. I also started on the nozzle mount into the T manifold by installing a weld in bung to thread into. So far so good it fits very nicely behind the back seat.
Today, I retuned my spark table. I was retarding all the way to 24 BTDC at only, like, one pound of boost! Oops. I don't know why it was that way, but I fixed it and did approx. one degree per pound of boost.
The engine pulls a lot harder now. A LOT.
I also got my Tru-Boost to work! How, you may ask? I turned it on. It was in "off" mode for some reason. Increasing the PWM from 10 to 20 took me from 6.88 lbs peak boost to 7.88 lbs. It also spools much faster.
Today I got my engine back in my bug and took it for a short trip to the gas station. A few months ago I melted down a piston (stretched head stud). It's great having it back on the road. 2276 turbo.
I blew it up. No kidding the Garrett t3 Turbo bearings went south and the Turbo is wasted. The turbine shaft has 1/16" groves in it and the impeller hit the housing only after 3 weekend rides off road. This was a tight rebuilt Turbo when I bought it. I know I was getting plenty of oil to it. This is on my 2332 Woods Buggy.
that sucks. sorry to hear that. Glad it was not the engine.
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government. Got Lead?