New Design Type 4 Heads

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
User avatar
fusername
Posts: 6806
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am

Post by fusername »

quite the workshop you got there.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
User avatar
Type 4 Unleashed
Moderator
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:43 pm

Post by Type 4 Unleashed »

fusername wrote:quite the workshop you got there.
You making fun of my work shop ? Actualy the wife would be very happy if I never brought another auto part home... :lol:

And anyways Wally's pistons are on his table some where in his house... :lol: ... So why pick on me... 8)
Richard

EMW

“Have you ever noticed how some people never
have the money to do it right, but can always
find the money to do it twice ?”
User avatar
Wally
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Wally »

Type 4 Unleashed wrote: ... So why pick on me... 8)
You have to ask? :lol:

But On-topic: I am very curieus to the status of the new type 4 heads as well. Especially since Engine Plus still doesn't make any heads at the moment. I spoke to Paul at VWAction in England, but forgot to ask him in person.. :oops: I guess I was too impressed with his 500 hp bay-window bus at the moment...
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303

"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

Wally wrote: I guess I was too impressed with his 500 hp bay-window bus at the moment...
Paul, are you holding out on us??? :lol:
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
User avatar
Wally
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Wally »

Type 1 ... :(





:lol:
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303

"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

Wally wrote:Type 1 ... :(





:lol:
Hey, I like a little T1 now and then!
(Just looking, honey ;-) )
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
type3
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:01 am

Post by type3 »

It ran a 12.0 and he backed off before the finish line! :o

Image

Road legal too...
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

type3 wrote:.....Road legal too...
I call BS, the MOT would be crybabying about how someone would get burned
on those hot exh pipes.....
:lol:

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
MRRAGPICKER
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by MRRAGPICKER »

What pipes? It's quite the sleeper.
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

type3 wrote: Image

Road legal too...
MRRAGPICKER wrote:What pipes? It's quite the sleeper.
I think I see in that pic, a nice downpipe that would get quite hot on a run...

Maybe he wasn't talking about that bus with the turbo? I get confused lately.....
:wink:
Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
L.A.R.D
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:34 am

Post by L.A.R.D »

dstar5000 wrote:
type3 wrote:.....Road legal too...
I call BS, the MOT would be crybabying about how someone would get burned
on those hot exh pipes.....
:lol:

Don
Hey Don you want to engage brain before opening mouth and crying bullshit, it has a custom engine cover for the road, we drove it 2.5 hours on the road to York drag way on its maiden voyage video to prove. second outing was driven 2 hours down the road to santa pod race way. :roll:
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

Don, it's eye candy!

Please don't try to apply sanity or reality to things by pointing out the hot chick in the bikini wears braces. :lol:
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
User avatar
Cohibra45
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:50 pm

Post by Cohibra45 »

Piledriver wrote:Don, it's eye candy!

Please don't try to apply sanity or reality to things by pointing out the hot chick in the bikini wears braces. :lol:
What braces???????????? My eyes never get up that far!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kelly (Cohibra45)

When only the BEST will do............

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/
MRRAGPICKER
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by MRRAGPICKER »

dstar5000 wrote:
MRRAGPICKER wrote:What pipes? It's quite the sleeper.
I think I see in that pic, a nice downpipe that would get quite hot on a run...

Maybe he wasn't talking about that bus with the turbo? I get confused lately.....
:wink:
Don
I'm talking about the same photo as you, you just can't hear my sarcasm.
type3
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:01 am

Post by type3 »

dstar5000 wrote:
type3 wrote:.....Road legal too...
I call BS, the MOT would be crybabying about how someone would get burned
on those hot exh pipes.....
:lol:

Don
If you look closely, there are Dzus fasteners at the top and bottom of the engine. That's where the cover goes and the license plate...
Post Reply