Page 8 of 11
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am
by bad62bug
turboedbug wrote: ↑Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:13 pm
mocking up some stuff.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Looks like your running the motor in the raised position like mine, if so the does the stiffy truss bar clear the clutch slave cylinder?
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm
by turboedbug
bad62bug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am
turboedbug wrote: ↑Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:13 pm
mocking up some stuff.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Looks like your running the motor in the raised position like mine, if so the does the stiffy truss bar clear the clutch slave cylinder?
yes the bar hits the slave cylinder. i havent came up with an idea on how to fix it yet. I might modif the bar
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 pm
by turboedbug
bad62bug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am
is yours the older style without the bushing for the suba spool end of the shaft?
yes its the older style without the bushings.
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:11 pm
by bad62bug
turboedbug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:43 pm
bad62bug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am
is yours the older style without the bushing for the suba spool end of the shaft?
yes its the older style without the bushings.
I'll go look at mine, i have it apart to put in a STI torque biasing diff.
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:43 pm
by bad62bug
I think i used the thrust bearing in the stock location at the pinion end, hard to tell. might want to ask on the
https://www.facebook.com/groups/subaruvolkswagens/
I'm useing a old TJ FAB bar and it just fit.
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 pm
by turboedbug
looks like you do have the thrust washer installed on the pinion side.
tomorrow i will assemble the same way you have yours and see how it looks.
I am installing a helical sti diff in mine. i still gotta get it machined hopefully i can take care of that tomorrow.
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:49 pm
by bad62bug
cool post pic of the diff if you could. thanks
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:24 am
by turboedbug
heres the pic of the diff
Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:27 pm
by bad62bug
Cool, Thanks
What do you use for output axles, the snap in type like on the subarugears site? I don't have my Diff yet.
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm
by turboedbug
ya u need the snap in axles
axle part number 38415aa110
retainer part number 805329010
might wanna double check these before ya order them
Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 am
by dlamyle
turboedbug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm
bad62bug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am
Looks like your running the motor in the raised position like mine, if so the does the stiffy truss bar clear the clutch slave cylinder?
yes the bar hits the slave cylinder. i havent came up with an idea on how to fix it yet. I might modif the bar
I had the same issue and just drilled new holes for the horizontal bar further back. I also had to weld the tabs for the frame horn bolts to the sides of my engine mount. Doing that makes it a bit complicated to install but I needed the clearance.
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:23 pm
by bad62bug
dlamyle wrote: ↑Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 am
turboedbug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm
bad62bug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am
Looks like your running the motor in the raised position like mine, if so the does the stiffy truss bar clear the clutch slave cylinder?
yes the bar hits the slave cylinder. i havent came up with an idea on how to fix it yet. I might modif the bar
I had the same issue and just drilled new holes for the horizontal bar further back. I also had to weld the tabs for the frame horn bolts to the sides of my engine mount. Doing that makes it a bit complicated to install but I needed the clearance.
Nice thanks for the info.
Your Ghia must fly, have you taken down the 1/4 mile yet
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:11 pm
by bad62bug
turboedbug wrote: ↑Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 pm
looks like you do have the thrust washer installed on the pinion side.
tomorrow i will assemble the same way you have yours and see how it looks.
I am installing a helical sti diff in mine. i still gotta get it machined hopefully i can take care of that tomorrow.
Did it work for you?
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:14 pm
by turboedbug
I didnt reassemble it. I talked to todd about swapping to the high powered ring and pinion.
Now i am waiting for the other ring and pinion to get here.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Re: Got my ej20t
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:36 pm
by dlamyle
bad62bug wrote: ↑Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:23 pm
Nice thanks for the info.
Your Ghia must fly, have you taken down the 1/4 mile yet
She really does fly. No runs yet. I need to build a cage and stop breaking things. I broke a transmission mounting bolt and I'm pretty sure that caused the shift rod to smack the torsion tube and crack the nose. And my clutch is slipping. I'll be pulling the engine for the 5th time this winter...