Page 9 of 70
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 pm
by motorbreath53
I was gunna do the bumper for him anyway Copper... so, I was thinking of offering someone in the "DEEP END" some old wrenches i've got laying around.... (for their fabricator/mechanic to use of course... wouldn't wan't any dirty hands operating the off-road car)
As for my neighbor in Poway, it can't drive without the tires that you've denied me...
...oh, and the brakes aren't fixed yet... My shed should be done in a week or so though.. and then its on to the 2009 Baja Upgrade Extravaganza at the Leetch residence....
...come by to check it out anyway... (just don't show up without some SuperDiggers...) There will be cash and beer waiting in the garage...

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 pm
by motorbreath53
MORE PARTS! I'm still collecting. I think I have a set of these locked down for a pretty outstanding deal... (get it? locked down-beadlocks... get it?... crack myself up.)
yes, they are "real" beadlocks...
They are 15x6... and should be sweet wrapped in those Supperdiggers... that I purchased from my Poway neighbor with the second coolest VW t-181 i've ever seen. (Sorry PDM... but i'm sure you've seen MotoChris' car....)
but, i'm only getting the rears.. (no fronts available from my source that will remain nameless........no not her.)
So, I was thinking that finding a pair of black BTR 15x4's for the front would be just the ticket.
So, who has some 15x4 BTR's that need sold? black or not... I know a guy.
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm
by CopperBaja
Saw those on Craigs.
Word on the street is that they was a killer deal on them and some are reselling for a profit. Damn wheel flippers.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:57 pm
by cwrisley
I heard those wheels aren't the only thing you've acquired lately!!

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:03 pm
by motorbreath53
CopperBaja wrote:Saw those on Craigs.
Word on the street is that they was a killer deal on them and some are reselling for a profit. Damn wheel flippers.

This may or may not be one of those gentlemen.... and I may or may not be getting them for the price he paid...
I think $100 per wheel for brand new beadlocks is a fuggin deal.
And yea Wriz... the "other" purchase is behind my closed fence, and has most the camping goods from the LanceCamper swapped into it...
Thats a big ol' sombitch to tow...

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:39 pm
by TCoville
motorbreath53 wrote:CopperBaja wrote:Saw those on Craigs.
Word on the street is that they was a killer deal on them and some are reselling for a profit. Damn wheel flippers.

This may or may not be one of those gentlemen.... and I may or may not be getting them for the price he paid...
I think $100 per wheel for brand new beadlocks is a fuggin deal.
And yea Wriz... the "other" purchase is behind my closed fence, and has most the camping goods from the LanceCamper swapped into it...
Thats a big ol' sombitch to tow...

Does the guy you got them from for 100 each have any more?
I really want a set of those but I have only seen sets of 5 or 6 on race dezert for like 200 each. I am pretty sure those guys are flipping them from the group buy.
What size tires are you planning on running? I don't know anything about tire sizing so I have been trying to figure out what the widest tire you could fit on those rims is (are they 6 or 6.5? I have seen people say both).
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:01 pm
by motorbreath53
I'm getting em from a buddy that ended up with 4 and only needed two. He says they are 6in wide ... but either way, i'm running the 33x10.5 Yokohama SuperDigger's that i've got..
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 am
by Punchdrunk Monkey
I sold 5 of those (not on this site). I do know a couple people that bought 20-30 of them and were flipping them. If opportunity knocks on the door, you gotta answer. They say 6" wide but if you measure them they are 6.5".
Motorbreath- be careful taking the beadlock bolts out. I know a few were cross threaded and breaking the bolts. Make sure you use anti-seize when re-installing the bolts.
You also might want to consider running tubes with those. If you do, get the heavy duty ones with the threaded valve stem. Parkhouse Tire in Kearny Mesa should have them.
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm
by motorbreath53
I'm all in on running tubes... Is there any downside to tubes other than a bit more weight?
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm
by rickosuave1987
motorbreath53 wrote:I'm all in on running tubes... Is there any downside to tubes other than a bit more weight?
in low pressure situations, they can get pinched in the wheel and pop. Then youre F'ed if the beadlock doesnt hold air

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 pm
by Punchdrunk Monkey
motorbreath53 wrote:I'm all in on running tubes... Is there any downside to tubes other than a bit more weight?
If your running the pro-comp wheels, the tube weight won't make a difference. Those wheels are HEAVY!
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:50 pm
by bajaherbie
Punchdrunk Monkey wrote:motorbreath53 wrote:I'm all in on running tubes... Is there any downside to tubes other than a bit more weight?
If your running the pro-comp wheels, the tube weight won't make a difference. Those wheels are HEAVY!
heavier than a BTR beadlock? i weighed mine (15 x 4) and it was a bit less than a wide five steelie....
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:50 pm
by Skidmark
I pinched a tube in my rear BTR... I will never run tubes in them again. No valve stem, no inflate. Taking the tire off in the field to remove the tube, I don't think so! So carrying an extra stem just in case is not a good option...
Tubes in bead locks? Been there, done that. Won't do it again...
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:03 pm
by motorbreath53
Punchdrunk Monkey wrote:
If your running the pro-comp wheels, the tube weight won't make a difference. Those wheels are HEAVY!
...are you trying to tell me that somthing from Pro-Comp is less than top of the line?
.... I won't hear it. Your just upset that I get to run the heavy, prone to cross threading beadlocks on my car.
Jealousy is a stinky perfume friend.....
I'll think about the tubes a bit more. Seems like, if don't airdown too much, the tubes would be a good thing right? Less likely to flat?
And really, in most cases, If I were to flat a rear tire, i'd be sticking my spare on and cruising back to camp to fix the flat anyway. So, my "field fix" would involve power/air tools that can now accompany me to the desert. So, changing a tube would be annoying... but no more annoying in that case than swapping a tire....
So.. sofar, I think i'm sold on the tubes... but please guys... I love the opinions... keep em coming.
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:41 pm
by Hedrock
No tubes for me. With no tubes if you get a small hole you can always plug it. With tubes... not so easy.