Page 9 of 15
Re: 400+ NOS hp V8 conversion
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:27 pm
by woodsbuggy1
Very Nice fab work!!! Hope you get her together for Sunday.
Best of luck
Kenric
Re: 400+ NOS hp V8 conversion
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:33 pm
by joosep
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to V8 Holy turbo conversion
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 pm
by panel
Nuts! So cool! What's the cure for the high IAT temps ?
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to V8 Holy turbo conversion
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 am
by joosep
IAT is high because we don´t use any intercooling to keep it simple, to keep it light weight.
We are going to try add 2 more injectors near turbo to bring it down. It was 90c near throttle but we have no idea about charge air temp because near injectors it comes down a bit. I have a little dyno @ home so I´ll test all ways I can go on dyno. I hope I can keep it as simple as it is because I really think that I can cool it down with same fuel by using it really simple. (no extra pumps for meth, no extra lines or tanks)
Good times was not made because we got it running only 5 hours before putting it to trailer. We had no launch control, no flatshift, no linelock, no correct tune, no wheelybars what made us to use higher tyre pressure. A lot of things to make it faster. We had no time to tune it on dyno and IAT correction just pulled down a half of spark advance...it was not nessesary but you cant put it all correct with 4 first pulls on track
19. May is the first event what really counts, so we have some time now

Btw, track was not prepped and concrit temp was 4c
best 60ft was 1.50 but when I look videos I think I shift gear on 60ft mark.
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:18 am
by joosep
Tested it on dyno with with bad tune that made 10.7 and it had only 270kw from wheels with drag slicks...that means abit over 300 with street tyres.
Now we had some time to check knock and pushed the advance up to 19 degreees with 1 bar of boost and it makes near 600hp / 700NM from engine with that mild boost and high IAT
Little video:
https://youtu.be/8NYAiL_VhY8
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:53 am
by panel
What ECU are you using?
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:31 pm
by joosep
I Used to go with ms2 till this spring but I use ms3X because I wanted to use some extra injectors for cooling the air. 8of them are connected to expansion board and work as full sequential and 2 will be added to bottom board. I like ms3x because I works really well with cheap audi coils that fit to everywhere because there are several different lenghts of them. I've used them on 600hp fourbanger and one of my friend has 1300hp in four cylinders with them.
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:35 pm
by panel
I thought you were.....just confirming , thanks!
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:11 pm
by joosep
Some serious poop happened....
1 night before the season opening event I noticed a lot of metal in the oil and engine didn´t made more power as I hoped and was only between 370 and 400kw from wheels until it didn´t spin at all. Opened the engine on midnight and noticed 8 bent rods and failed bearings because of bent rods.
Cleaned the heads and reused ARP studs and bolted it all to another 11.5CR engineblock and started the car at 3AM
4 hours later we started to going to event and first pass was insane. Low boost, mild advance, not well burnout and it felt insanely fast.
1st and best pass was 9.980 @ 222 km/h (Last time we pushed our rekord to 10.7)
We won the event of our class and I have some motivation crisis now...I was planing to go to 9.9 step by step of the 5 events of this year nost first pass.
Don´t Know what to do....I Thin I want to sell this car and build another one as a clean work to get to 8s :S
So if enybody is interested...please let me know...There are alot room for going faster but not for our safety crew. 9.9 was the limit. I´ll add pics and videos later...need some sleep now
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:13 pm
by rubenski
Wow. Thats insane!
Ymso now you want a slower car and make it fast again?
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:14 am
by joosep
33096320_1144430262366012_64753512524808192_n.jpg
Seems that this 600kw 4xhoosier audi is not holding back also :
[BBvideo=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VOHV8m ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]
First 9s pass: [BBvideo=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Jm8cN6Ofg[/BBvideo]
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:51 pm
by panel
What are those 2 black with blue rings on them , right after the silicone coupling......looks like right before the throttle body?
@ 5:53 into this vid....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9vVOsRXeNQ
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 am
by joosep
I think you mean my 2 extra injectors. I thaught that it would be good idea to cool down the air temp but I tested them with bent rods...next testing will give us ansvers....but it seemed like it pulls down IAT by 30deg Celsius but gives only few % of extra power because ethanol needs heat to work properly
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 am
by joelzy
jeez that thing is a monster and i LOVE IT
Re: Type 4 to V8 NA to V8 NOS to 600 HP V8 Turbo conversion
Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 am
by Steve Arndt
Just found this thread. Awesome build out.