Type 121, Type 122
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:30 am
Hi Steve et al. Many thanks for the photo. It has answered some questions already. I still would appreciate to know what the output of the generator head is and at what revolutions the engine can run for an extended period of time on those gen sets. I tried to download the photo but it is protected so I will have to contact the administrator for permission. Your usage of the word "splitty" is new to me, could you explain please. Here, I am doing this project because it keeps this retiree occupied. During some winters we have ice storms and then the power lines that run above ground become too heavy, break and have to be repaired. This can take time and as our house is all electric we are vulnerable to broken pipes, spoiled food and no communications. Our power lines in this part of Kentucky are above ground as we have heavy limestone about a meter below ground and that would become too expensive. Once again thank you. Of course, I welcome any further information on this subject at any time.