Page 2 of 11
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:08 pm
by MNAirHead
Somewhat confused there Tim. What do you mean by Spindles out?
ENTIRE kit ... Varga/TRW parts... spindles, hoses, bearings, rotors, calipers etc.
T.
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:43 pm
by Leatherneck
What brake shut off did you get?
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:46 am
by RyanB
This is what I ended up with. Bought it at Oregon Motorsports.
http://www.swagelok.com/shopping/produc ... PG=0&RPR=0
Says it is good to 2500psi at 100 F.
I've routed my rear brakes with the turning/cutting brake setup. Master Cylendar is installed. Just have to finish fabricating the floor mount for my brake shut off and routing the lines for it and I'll finally be done wit hthe brakes. YAY!
Should have more pics today or tomarrow.
~RyanB
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:17 pm
by Leatherneck
Ryan, that looks like it will do it, let me know if there is any bleed problems.
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:56 am
by RyanB
Will do. I got nearly all my brake system completed last night. All lines but one were routed. There was only one I didnt like much, I had to coil the hell out of it to shorten it. But I didnt do a great job on the coil part. Anyhow, just a 1 foot line left for the front left and I'll get the system wet and bled. See if I cant get some pics this weekend with it.
I am 'supposed' to have the buggy at least back together enough for labor day weekend....

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:35 pm
by tuff_puff
if i where you i would pull one of your bleader valves out and take it to napa, shuck's or whoever you use. and get some "speed bleeders" they are AWSOME its just a bleader valve, with alittle check valce in it. you dont have to tighten them down everytime. just crack them alittle loose and pump your little heart out. not a huge deal but if your doing them yourself it can make a world of differance! i have tatum brakes on the rear of my rail with dual bleaders on each caliper and i could not get them right. untill i got those bleaders and it took about 5 min to blead them after that. there only like $10 for a pair of them well worth the $$$$$$$$$$
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:59 pm
by Leatherneck
Speed bleeders, have to check on those. Sounds like a time saver.
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:02 pm
by scott the viking
big time.
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:08 am
by RyanB
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:59 am
by Leatherneck
Is there any electrical that will be running on the pan? You have got alot of effort put into this and it shows.
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:46 pm
by tuff_puff
with those speed bleaders all you do is step on the brake pedal and pump the cutting brake back and forth a few times and presto! tight brakes
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:12 pm
by RyanB
Leatherneck wrote:Is there any electrical that will be running on the pan? You have got alot of effort put into this and it shows.
Thanks for the props there Leatherneck. Your question confuses me though. What exactly are you asking?
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:23 pm
by RyanB
Well it took FOREVER. But I apparently have my brakes bled. Well the back half. That cutting brake made for ALOT of trouble.
I wasnt able to find those speed bleeders either. I went to Schucks and NAPA. Neither knew what I was talking about. so I bought this little $7 kit that simply was a small bottle with a tub to connect to the bleeder. Worked well, just took an insane amount of pumping to finally bleed the brakes.
Found a few leaks. One of which was one of my older front caliper. Ok so it was a HUGE leak.. <sigh> Another expense and the well is running dry.
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:42 am
by RyanB
Well back from vacation and I see some parts arrived from Lowbugget racing. I gave them my engine specs and they sent new jets and venturi's for my Kadrons. If I cant get it dialed in with these I am gonna scrap them things and go to a single progressive carb.
I got 2 weekends to get this things back into good enough shape to get on the sand.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:12 am
by Leatherneck
RyanB wrote:Leatherneck wrote:Is there any electrical that will be running on the pan? You have got alot of effort put into this and it shows.
Thanks for the props there Leatherneck. Your question confuses me though. What exactly are you asking?
Glad you had a good vacation, everybody deserves one now and then, now get back to work
What I meant on the electrical, are you going to be able to run everything in the body or are you going to have to run electrical from body to pan? I have seen guys fiberglassing flexible conduit to keep there wiring tight and concealed. I have used the clear tube and bottle before, alot better then just blowing it on the frame and sucking air back in but does not sound near as fast as the speed bleeders. I will look to see if I can locate some too. BTW need more pics.