Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:37 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
GREAT!
Thatsa very cool running combo and always has been..

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:32 pm
by Racer Chris
Thanks for the pics Mike, your car looks great in the sun!

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:22 am
by BigOlJohnson
Why are those cones lying down?

Pointing you in the right direction?
:lol:

BOJ

Cones

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:41 pm
by Quik914
Yep, we are going right there, even though the front wheels are turned to left lock. It was a close one, but I caught it. RAT Power, gotta love it. If you look closely, you can see the heat coming out the rear and the rear wheels spinning.

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:35 pm
by Quik914
No problem Chris. It really is a beautiful set up. I have had people tell me I need to put a mirror under it so you can see the exhaust. I put a nice Boxster heat shield over where I had to cut the 916 bumper, but the plate is just tall enough to fit and covers the shield. I figured that I would not cut the plate just in case Johnny law saw it and wanted to make a big deal about it. When you come down to Road Atlanta again, let me know. I will bring it up and you can take it for a spin.

MK[/quote]

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:09 am
by Racer Chris
I handn't realized that the shape of the 916 bumper forces the liicense plate to be quite a bit lower than on the stock bumper. It would look perfect with a European plate, long and narrow. :lol:

Autocross temps

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:22 pm
by Quik914
Ran an autocross this past weekend in the 90+++ heat. I had to let her idle for several min. to get the oil temp up to 180 before my run. After 1:50 of hard driving, oil temp under 200 and CHT below 350. It was running strong and I was less than 8 seconds off the FTD and I was running street tires to their race rubber.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:24 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
SWEET!
It was hotter than HELL this past weekend in our neck of the woods!