Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:40 pm
by MNAirHead
T4 -- you da man!

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:03 pm
by RyanB
Wow! That's very clean! Excellent!

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:00 am
by Hot Wheels
I finally got around and ordered the gear drive starter to replace the 914 starter ive been using for this project. Should make a lot more room in the rear passenger area and drop some more of the much dreaded weight. I hope to get the starter cut in to the body this week so i can get going on the glass work again.

Motor work will re start tonight, with all these hours of darkness, I should have time to get rolling again.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:01 pm
by takotruckin
Hot Wheels wrote: Should make a lot more room in the rear passenger area and drop some more of the much dreaded weight.
so you're going for 550 too eh?

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:20 pm
by Hot Wheels
Not this trip... Ill be happy if it stays near twice that. We did the superlite thing a few years ago. two speed no suspension in a short dragster type unit just for the sand drags. Ray bent it in half at the Mt baldy hillclimb launching it off the top. Last time I saw it it had an overweight 2300 ford in it.

I dont remember what he weighed in at but there wasnt much to it.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:00 pm
by Leatherneck
Sean, keep us posted and keep the pictures coming.

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:55 am
by Hot Wheels
Image

Just got the new starter and cut the hole between the rear seats for it. Had to machine a new set of mounting holes in the drive attachment to get it to stand straight up between the seats but it worked well. My favorite past time, buy something cool and modify it...

Headed back out to make some new pushrods and rocker shims so I can get the motor finished up.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:26 pm
by Hot Wheels
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=117119

Link to the next phase of the project just to try and keep everything organised since the build is in more than one thread. When I get some time I will try to organize things a little better.