Page 2 of 6
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:09 pm
by twowheeletex
so after slapping myself to my senses. I am not going to try to save this body. I am however going to pick up a new bug body tomorrow. after reading the thread on what you wish you would have done differently, I decided getting the bug running and drivable to save for more awesome parts later is important. I'll have pictures up later tomorrow.
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:44 am
by CopperBaja
Alot of cancer on that one...for sure.
Could always cut the top off....sure make it easier to put in a rollcage.
A bit of POR-15 and some welding practice and you're golden.
So...where's the pics of the cool stuff from the range?

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:57 am
by twowheeletex
on a friends camera who is proving very difficult to get a hold of.
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:59 am
by twowheeletex
so the green body is no more. I stripped it down to just the shell and turned it in for metal recycling simply because I have no place to store it. here is a decent 74 body with an complete baja kit. I think it's a much better starting point than the other body. I'll include some of the pictures from the seller.
I pulled the fiberglass off the drivers side floor pan, and the battery box area. I'm glad I did because there was no metal there, and I'm not to fond of the idea of crashing through the floor pan unexpectedly. I might turn my rear brake drums from the buggy into spindle mounts and put together a disc brake set-up from some junkyard nissan parts. has anyone done this? any ideas?
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:10 am
by Leatherneck
Have to look in here some there was a driver who used the u-joint axles, drive axles and brakes off of one. Will look for it later if you don't find it.
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:06 pm
by bajaherbie
i'd use the red one instead also......
that other one was definitely toasted, or maybe swiss cheese

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:09 pm
by fl_buggy
yeah, there's rust, and then there's rust in impossible to fix places.
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:42 pm
by twowheeletex
now to find floor pans.
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 pm
by Ol'fogasaurus
Are you talking about pan halves? If so, I just have gone though this… twice. As far as I know, three are three types available.
The ones beow are the Brazil made ones They are pretty thin and the stamping is not thee best I have seen..
These are thicker, two piece pan halves which are pretty good.
There are some new, original thickness pan halves. I have not seen them myself, but I have talked to someone who has seen them and handled them and he was pretty impressed.
Edited once for clarity
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:32 am
by twowheeletex
there is a guy in pensacola who runs M&D foreign car parts who keeps some pan halves in stock. he says they're pretty sturdy and they come with the seat brackets. his company says foreign car pats but the whole show room has nothing but VW stuff. it's basically the NAPA of obscure, classic cars.
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:40 pm
by moneypit
BUMP!
I'm looking forward to seeing some progress on this parking lot disaster...
Happy thanksgiving, man!
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
by david58
moneypit wrote:BUMP!
I'm looking forward to seeing some progress on this parking lot disaster...
Happy thanksgiving, man!
Now that is what ya call an entrance.

Welcome to the STF.

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:20 am
by twowheeletex
that's my friend. I got him on to STF and he goes and talks some smack like that. he is actually pictured on this thread hooking a tow strap up to his POS Bronco II. I'll take some pictures today when the rain lets up.
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 am
by david58
twowheeletex wrote:that's my friend. I got him on to STF and he goes and talks some smack like that. he is actually pictured on this thread hooking a tow strap up to his POS Bronco II. I'll take some pictures today when the rain lets up.
With friends like that I hope you aint got no enemies.

He will fit right in here with the rest of us no gooders.

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:56 am
by david58
So You let this guy hook up the tow rope?
twowheeletex wrote:
just for s@#ts and giggles I sat and watched.

As he hooked it to this.
How long was the tow rope?
This thread was edited for content.
