Christmas giveaway-Serpentine Pulley Kit

DeMinimis
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:05 pm

Post by DeMinimis »

Its the journey, not the destination. Applies equally well to off-roading as it does for life.

Number 1 and the other 9 are for crap.
President of The-Buggies-Ripped-Up-All-To-Hell-And-Spread-All-Over-The-Shop-Club.
-Now accepting membership applications
madmitch
Posts: 934
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by madmitch »

OK. I'll play. Post #1
If you feel you are picking up speed you may be going downhill.
madmitch
Posts: 934
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by madmitch »

What does the front side of the alternator pulley look like?
#2
If you feel you are picking up speed you may be going downhill.
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by david58 »

#6 for me second place will be a used toaster. :lol:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Lotrat »

It's not self-adjusting. The only thing I had to fiddle with is position to get the belt to track correctly. The teeth are on the tensioner to hold it in position while you tighten the nut on the back of it so you don't have to hold it AND tighten it at the same time.

Image

This thing is the cats ass. It's the coolest thing on my car. It's the only thing that currently works. I'd love to have a shot at it so I could give it as a gift to a very near and dear buddy of mine. Since he's not a STF'er, screw him. One of you deserve it more.
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Lotrat »

Is this a standard pulley or a sand seal pulley version?
User avatar
66bajabug
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by 66bajabug »

Leatherneck wrote:I do not think so, I think it is locking cogs, maybe Lotrat can tell us.
It has a 5 rib pulley belt, which is nice, but where do you buy replacements to add to the spare parts pack?

#1!!
User avatar
66bajabug
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by 66bajabug »

Is that T6 aluminum?
User avatar
66bajabug
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by 66bajabug »

66bajabug wrote:Is that T6 aluminum?
Wow, I read the part about it being billet aluminum, but totally skipped that its t6. :oops:

#2!
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Lotrat »

66bajabug wrote:
Leatherneck wrote:I do not think so, I think it is locking cogs, maybe Lotrat can tell us.
It has a 5 rib pulley belt, which is nice, but where do you buy replacements to add to the spare parts pack?

#1!!
It's a 4 rib belt. Part number on mine is 370K-4

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDeta ... mber=370K4

or

http://www.google.com/products?q=370k4+belt

It's not a one of a kind belt. It's used on foreign and domestic cars.
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Lotrat »

It may just be my imagination, but I think my motor runs a little smoother than before.

Image
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

I'm in, but getting that on a T4 might be a bit of a challenge ;-)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
User avatar
Class 11 streeter
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Class 11 streeter »

Piledriver wrote:I'm in, but getting that on a T4 might be a bit of a challenge ;-)
Indeed! :lol:

#1 :lol: :lol:
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Lotrat wrote:Is this a standard pulley or a sand seal pulley version?
Standard pulley.
User avatar
birddog1148
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:42 am

Post by birddog1148 »

post# 1
TIP- If your brake line blows out, dont stop halfway up a hill.
I may look dumb, but that's just a disguise, I'm a master-mind in the field of espionage!
Post Reply