Page 2 of 3

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 pm
by Baja4
Update, twisted the back one more notch on the outer splines, had to trim the spring plate about a 1/4". Trimmed the back fenders a little more. Started driving it around town, seems to run all right, except a bad exhaust leak. A header will fix that soon. Some new pics.


Image
Image[/img]
Image
Image
Image

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:20 pm
by david58
Awesome little car. Nice job on the cutting too.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:45 pm
by Lotrat
What's the name for the involuntary reaction of wanting to lick an old car that is that clean? Looks yummy.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:41 pm
by baja5
Lotrat wrote:What's the name for the involuntary reaction of wanting to lick an old car that is that clean? Looks yummy.
Uhh, that would be Psycho i think :lol: Nice car though.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:48 pm
by fusername
well, from now on I'm gonna call it L-ratting. :lol:

"dude, I just l-ratted all over your car!"

so aside from turning up the torsions on all 4 corners and opening the wheel wells, is that all stock?

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:16 pm
by Ol'fogasaurus
Some of the llittel foreign cars have unboltable blass fenders that might look good to finish out the wheel openings, if ya wanna anyway.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:35 pm
by Baja4
Fusername, Everything else stock at the moment, just a fun little cruiser. Even has that good old smell like an old VW still inside.

Would like to trim the fenders with something other than the push on edging someday. Slight flares, body color would look good. Thanks for the ideas.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm
by petew
very cool. looks offroad, but you haven't lost the oldschool charm. might be time for a front skidplate though, don't you think? :wink:

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm
by fusername
man, I thin my next car is deffinatly gonna be a square bac bammmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmnkkkkkkkk,,hhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkiiii

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:16 pm
by Lotrat
Baja4 wrote:...Even has that good old smell like an old VW still inside.
I love that old hay smell you get in a VW. Once you take out all the mule hair, it's gone... Looks like a fun ride.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 pm
by fusername
is that what that smell is? I have never IDed it, you loose it over winter.

also, wtf was I tryign to say with my last post? Is fusername drunk or something?

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 pm
by Lotrat
fusername wrote:is that what that smell is? I have never IDed it, you loose it over winter.

also, wtf was I tryign to say with my last post? Is fusername drunk or something?
Dunno, I figured your keyboard was broke or you fell asleep on it... or you're just drunk or something.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 pm
by fusername
kittens, I blame kittens.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm
by david58
fusername wrote:kittens, I blame kittens.
I blame you two cats for the kittens. 8)

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:00 pm
by seabeebuggy
:shock: OK a-arm kit in front. 3x3 is the rear. some rolled steel for extended fenders, Cut the top off add a roll cage. sunshade top. turbo and that would be a crazy car.