Re: Gas heater basic theory of operation
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:51 pm
I think I'm missing more than the rubber mounts.
Like the ducting, the wiring to the timer-switch .... and of course the pump. There do seem to be plenty of Hardi pumps available. No need to screw around with a 40 year old pump.
I've never had a gas heater in an ACVW so I have no idea how much heat this thing will put out. I do know what it's like to cross the country in a bug with only j-tubes. It was the 2006 Berg Cruise. I was OK until upstate New York treated me to a day of clammy drizzle. That was a miserable day. The car this is going into will have the nice type-3 heat exchangers and the car itself will be right and tight. So the gas heater should be mainly for when the engine isn't working hard enough to make much heat. And there's the chance I may put a blower on it some day.
Using a MS/O2 for mixture control is a seriously nerdy approach. Would you be going for stochio or what?
Max
I've never had a gas heater in an ACVW so I have no idea how much heat this thing will put out. I do know what it's like to cross the country in a bug with only j-tubes. It was the 2006 Berg Cruise. I was OK until upstate New York treated me to a day of clammy drizzle. That was a miserable day. The car this is going into will have the nice type-3 heat exchangers and the car itself will be right and tight. So the gas heater should be mainly for when the engine isn't working hard enough to make much heat. And there's the chance I may put a blower on it some day.
Using a MS/O2 for mixture control is a seriously nerdy approach. Would you be going for stochio or what?
Max