Narrow-Width T4

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
cal 67
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Narrow-Width T4

Post by cal 67 »

I don't understand why they're not 12.00mm to use stock bolts. Let the customer modify as they see fit.

Okay, I see now that you meant with the billet heads. I saw them before as I follow Ahnendorp on Insta. For this particular build, I'm kind of excited about having some custom heads specific for my application, and an induction/exhaust system that are tuned more or less for the powerband I'll shoot for.
User avatar
Wally
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:01 am

Re: Narrow-Width T4

Post by Wally »

cal 67 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:27 pm I don't understand why they're not 12.00mm to use stock bolts. Let the customer modify as they see fit.
Stock holes are 12,5mm iirc, so regular stock flywheel bolts will always fit. For the shanked bolts (13.00 iirc), the holes are reamed to 13.10 in my memory, but if the flywheel holes are 13,5 (the older AA flywheels) , our known shanked bolts have no added benefit anymore, although stock bolts will still fit.
Its a good move from AA to reduce the hole size a little therefore. If they bore them super correctly, the reaming might not even be neccesary anymore! ;-)
Post Reply