Page 2 of 8

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 1:07 am
by Bobtail
Brutus,Hi The 6 speed tranny is cable shifted so it will be relatively easy to get cables made to suit ,how ever there is a company in Poland which makes a sequential shifter conversion which we are going to buy.
http://www.seqshift.com/

------------------
www.centralvwaudi.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:54 pm
by Angelo Amato
hey bobtail, if you need some good pics taking, I've got a got digital camera and live real close, i'd be an excuse to come up and have a nosey Image

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:30 pm
by Bobtail
Cheers Angelo check your mail or mail me if you didn't get it.

------------------
www.centralvwaudi.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:32 am
by veedubin6
Hello Bobtail....so the golf A2 suspension your using for the front is almost the stock track. Is the reason for the 60mm larger track in the rear from the S3 suspension?
Paul....i did start playing with my CAD drawing of the chassis. When I get my 72 apart more to get some dimensions I`ll send you the file to play with.

I hope bobtails post stays alive with interest

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:54 pm
by Bobtail
Hi Troy yup you're right thats stock S3 ft suspension on the rear.
Lookin forward to a pro CAD drawing and also our Remelle order turning up.

speak soon Paul

------------------
www.centralvwaudi.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:21 pm
by vwfye
i love owning a midengine type 3! it runs strong, handles great and makes people double take!

------------------
konzept 396
www.geocities.com/Menacefye

[This message has been edited by vwfye (edited 05-17-2002).]

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Mon May 06, 2002 3:50 am
by Bobtail
This maybe of some use to latest posters.


------------------
www.centralvwaudi.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:09 pm
by Bobtail
Remelle came good with the front carbon wings ,not only that but threw in a roof spoiler to compensate for the wait! coool
Just got to get it back in the garage to continue progress.

------------------
www.centralvwaudi.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:36 pm
by volkdent
I just wanted to toot Paul's horn. He's got some more pics up. It's looking really, really awesome.
www.centravwaudi.com click on Nostalgia

Jason

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:39 pm
by volkdent
OOPS! www.centralvwaudi.com then Nostalia. I'm a little dislexic today.

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:00 pm
by Bobtail
To the top,
I just restarted the project I got the rear track sorted by using Mk2 golf wishbones on the S3 subframe (that lessened the track 60mm ish)
I will need to get some driveshafts made 30 mm shorter.
More pics soon

------------------
www.centralvwaudi.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:59 am
by John Kelly
Keep the pictures coming...very nice!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:25 pm
by Bobtail
I got the latest pics uploading tonight

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:09 am
by John Kelly
The page would not load all the way for me.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

Audi S3 225 bhp motor Mid mounted

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:53 am
by Bobtail
http://www.centralvwaudi.com/Beetproj.htm
There you go a direct link.
Yesterday I made up the rear strut towers.
Image
today I made up the mounts for the subframe.


[This message has been edited by Bobtail (edited 02-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Bobtail (edited 02-21-2003).]