Page 2 of 2

Best Type 1 Engine Rebuild Configuration

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:17 pm
by James2
I would run stock dp heads, Kadrons, Engle 130 cam, 12.5 CR and 94mm slip in Pistons.

Best Type 1 Engine Rebuild Configuration

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:48 pm
by gleason
quote from James2 "I would run stock dp heads, Kadrons, Engle 130 cam, 12.5 CR and 94mm slip in Pistons."
?????? I hope you're just kiddin me....

Best Type 1 Engine Rebuild Configuration

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:52 pm
by James2
Just kidding, there are no slip in 94's, you'll have to machine them in.

Best Type 1 Engine Rebuild Configuration

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:58 pm
by gleason
Is 12.5 cr the max I can go? Image
Thanks for the feedback...

Best Type 1 Engine Rebuild Configuration

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:35 pm
by bedlamite
there isn't much for VW stuff much less perfomance around here
There are a couple of swap meets in the summer, one in Milwaukee and one in Madison. I have found some deals there, but mostly we're stuck with mail order. Whatever you do, stay away from MOFOCO in Milwaukee.

------------------
If you can make black marks from the apex of one turn to the braking point of the next, you may have enough horsepower.

Best Type 1 Engine Rebuild Configuration

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:18 pm
by bigbad
Mine is a vert too. This guy in Tallaapoosa is doing all the body work. You might know who he is. (-8